3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2014 9:49 AM by s_i_d RSS

Calling Asynchronous BPEL from Synchronous BPEL

Is it possible to call an Asynchronous BPEL from Synchronous BPEL.

Any suggestions of implementation will be highly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Calling Asynchronous BPEL from Synchronous BPEL
          s_i_d

Yes, you can call an Asynchronous BPEL from a Synchronous BPEL.

One of the issue you might run into is, if there is a separate process which is calling the synchronous BPEL, then this process might run into timeout based on how long the Asynchronous BPEL take to complete and respond back to the Synchronous BPEL. But if the Synchronous BPEL is an independent or a one way process then it should be OK.

• 2. Re: Calling Asynchronous BPEL from Synchronous BPEL

Hi sid,

Thanks for the update , my scenario is someting like below

------>BPEL 2------>

Source  <----> BPEL 1                                                BPEL 3  <-----> Target

<-----BPEL 4<-------

Both BPEL1 & BPEL 3 are syncronous in nature , where as BPEL 2 and BPEL 4 are one way processes,

The problem i am facing now is , when BPEL 4 tries to call back to a call back port defined in BPEL 1 my correlation fails and BPEL 1 ends with a time out error .

If i make BPEL 1 as oneway/asynchronos everything works fine.

You have any suggestions for overcoming this scenario.

Thanks,

Saiju

• 3. Re: Calling Asynchronous BPEL from Synchronous BPEL
              s_i_d

Hi Saiju,

Sorry for the late repose, were you able to solve this issue? The only reason I can this of why your correlation from BPEL 4 fails is because the value in the fields which you are using for correlation must have changed. Can you check.

Thanks

-- Sid