2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 25, 2014 3:55 AM by fac586 RSS

Filtering data based on summary column

user12115874

I have an requirement in APEX report to filter the rows based on summary columns.

report is like payables reports with columns po_number, invoice, gl_date, bu, vendor_name, vendor number, po_line_number, receipt_number, accrual_amount, po_amount.

po_amount and accrual amount are summary columns and report is breaking at po_number, po_line_number and receipt_number.

I want to filter the rows if sum of rows for accrual_amount is zero. I am new to APEX, please suggest.

Inderjeet

• 1. Re: Filtering data based on summary column
          Danny*D201

Inderjeet,

i think you can try control the report outputs from the region source, where you define the report's source using a SQL.

if you put a condition on the source sql for "sum of rows for accrual_amount" you should be able to filter the rows.

select po_number, po_line_number, receipt_number, accrual_amount -- accrual_amount is summarised in the orders_view

from orders_view

where accrual_amount >0

this gives you all po numbers with sum accrual_amount > 0,

is this what you need?

• 2. Re: Filtering data based on summary column
            fac586

user12115874 wrote:

Please update your forum profile with a real handle instead of "user12115874".

I have an requirement in APEX report to filter the rows based on summary columns.

APEX version? Interactive or standard report?

report is like payables reports with columns po_number, invoice, gl_date, bu, vendor_name, vendor number, po_line_number, receipt_number, accrual_amount, po_amount.

po_amount and accrual amount are summary columns and report is breaking at po_number, po_line_number and receipt_number.

Where is summary calculation and breaking implemented: in the query or the report? In either case, explain how it is being done.

I want to filter the rows if sum of rows for accrual_amount is zero. I am new to APEX, please suggest.

See Re: how to get answers from forum for information on how to ask future questions more effectively.