2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 20, 2014 9:28 AM by user571263 RSS

Problems connecting to 32 bit msaccess database from 64 bit 11G

user571263

Here is the issue:

I have a 9i (32 bit windows) database with an hsodbc connection to an an older access database so once schema can see & copy data from said access database, all works fine.

I'm getting ready to move the database to 64 bit 11.2.0.3 on windows 2008 64 bit server, database is migrated and tested ok.

The problem is with the dg4odbc connection, I have created connections for AS400 databases and they're ok, but I set up an ODBC to the access database, using the 32 bit ODBC interface as MS recommends, but I still keep getting this error:

ERROR at line 1:

ORA-28500: connection from ORACLE to a non-Oracle system returned this message:

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture

mismatch between the Driver and Application {IM014}

ORA-02063: preceding 2 lines from RADERDB

According to MS technet this is from not using the c:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe to set up the ODBC connection, but I did use that executable, when I use the regular 64 bit ODBC admin I can't even see msaccess drivers to begin with.

The funny thing is, when I point the tnsnames.ora entry to the old 9i server, it uses that ODBC connection and then the 11G dblink then works fine. However this is a band-aid solution and I want to get everything working from the new production database server.

Any suggestions?

thanks in advance..