4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 24, 2014 2:19 PM by KTM RSS

Unable to create connection to the Oracle Java Cloud server

Hi All,

I am trying to deploy simple ADF application to Oracle Cloud.

I am successfully transfered HR schema to my database cloud service and now am trying to create a connection to the oracle java cloud service instance

but it is failing to create a connection to the cloud server and throwing the error message

Testing Cloud-Admin                    ... failed.

listApplications failed.

Check username, password, domain, instance.

Check cloud sdk location & version: Tools->Preferences->Oracle Cloud

0 of 1 tests successful.

MyService details are as follows

JDEV : Build JDEVADF_11.

Cloud version:

I am pretty sure , i am using proper credentials since am able to java cloud service console with same credentials.

Please help me out on this.

• 1. Re: Unable to create connection to the Oracle Java Cloud server

Perhaps check your proxy setting in Jdev.  Tools>preferences>Web Browser and Poxy.

The other thing the service console is not the same as the service itself.

• 2. Re: Unable to create connection to the Oracle Java Cloud server

Hi Thanks for the reply

I check check-box of proxy settings and restarted the jdeveloper and tried again but still it throws the same error? one doubt here...what all we need to include / exclude in our proxy settings...

and the I tried providing service name as both java and javatrial8477 but no luck i followed the same steps which are mentioned in the below document

Part 2: Deploying ADF Applications to Oracle Java Cloud

Do i need to do any other configuration? Or i can directly deploy my ear file to java service console rt instead of creating connection tot the server from IDE.

• 3. Re: Unable to create connection to the Oracle Java Cloud server
              Jani Rautiainen-Oracle

Check the location of the SDK by navigating "Tools -> Preferences -> Oracle Cloud -> Java Cloud Service SDK", navigate the directory and go to "lib" sub directory. Check the version with command:

java -jar javacloud.jar -version

Oracle Cloud Java Service Deployer Tool.

What is the version displayed for you ? If something else than "" try downloading the latest SDK, unzip it somewhere and point your Jdev to the new version.

Jani Rautiainen

Fusion Applications Developer Relations

• 4. Re: Unable to create connection to the Oracle Java Cloud server

Hi Jani,

Thanks for the reply...I tried as you said and but i received some thing like shown below

D:\Oracle\MiddlewareCloud\jdeveloper\cloud\oracle-javacloud-sdk\lib>java -jar j

vacloud.jar -version

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: oracle/cloud

paas/client/cli/Main (Unsupported major.minor version 50.0)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:539)

at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:1

at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:251)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:55)

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:194)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:187)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:289)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:274)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:235)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:302)

i downloaded latest JDK from the link which you have provided and point my jdev to new JDK and am successfully able to connect to cloud server