6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 26, 2014 9:37 AM by 2622868 RSS

Patch apply on Oracle 11gR2

I have two node RAC (11.2.0.3.0) cluster on Windows 2008 R2 (64-bit) environment. For a issue Oracle suggested to apply a below one.

Oracle Database, Networking and Grid Agent Patches for Microsoft Platforms (Doc ID 161549.1)

When I search for the patch I could see the patch for this version - Patch:18075406

Please let me know if this is the correct patch to apply.

• 1. Re: Patch apply on Oracle 11gR2
          oscrub

The first link you gave is a generic note for patches on Windows. The second link, for Patch 18075406, is this the patch that Oracle Support suggested you apply for the issue that you are encountering? I think for an issue such as this it would be best to confirm the correct patch with the support personnel handling your SR.

• 2. Re: Patch apply on Oracle 11gR2

Oracle provided only the below Doc id .

Oracle Database, Networking and Grid Agent Patches for Microsoft Platforms (Doc ID 161549.1)

• 3. Re: Patch apply on Oracle 11gR2
              oscrub

Ok, but what was your original issue? Oracle support would have asked you to apply a patch in response to a specific problem. Did the engineer in the SR just say 'apply the latest patchset to your database to fix that bug'? Personally I haven't encountered a support personnel who would just say 'here's the patching doc, apply the patch for your system'. Their answer is usually in the form of 'you encountered an issue which has been documented as bug xxx, in order to resolve this please apply patch yyy'.

Apologies if it doesn't seem that I'm very helpful, it's just that in a situation where you have a case open with Oracle Support, it is usually best to ask for their advice, since they usually have a better understanding of the situation vs us on the forum.

• 4. Re: Patch apply on Oracle 11gR2

We had a Listener issue in two node RAC environment and we were working with Oracle. After anayzing the logs, Oracle engineer suggested the document to apply the patch and not mentioned the patch number. I have updated the SR asking the patch no to apply so that we will end up further issues.

• 5. Re: Patch apply on Oracle 11gR2
                  ASulthan

Hi

Create a SR and ask Oracle support Patch location

• 6. Re: Patch apply on Oracle 11gR2

Thanks for your suggestions.