6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 29, 2014 4:56 AM by User12625855-Oracle RSS

Solaris davfs mount

User12625855-Oracle

Folks

I am keen to mount an internet workspace as a filesystem on my Solaris 11.1 laptop build.

eg. the internet resource is davs://beehiveonline.oracle.com/content/dav/Oracle/[workspace]

Should this work? If so would appreciate how?

TIA

• 1. Re: Solaris davfs mount
          Pascal Kreyer-Oracle

It works but through Nautilus file manager.

• 2. Re: Solaris davfs mount
            User12625855-Oracle

I wasn't able to get it working using Nautilus file manager .. nor the gvfs-mount approach attempted (below) .. perhaps you can identify the reason?

$ nautilus --no-desktop davs://beehiveonline.oracle.com/content/dav/Oracle/[Workspace]/Documents/[Folder]/

Initializing nautilus-open-terminal extension

... eventually ...

Could not display "davs://beehiveonline.oracle....space/Documents/Asset_Reports".

Error: DBus error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

Please select another viewer and try again.

$

# dbus-launch gvfs-mount davs://beehiveonline.oracle.com/content/dav/Oracle/[Workspace]/Documents/[Folder]/ /mnt/beehive

Error mounting location: volume doesn't implement mount

Enter password for Authorized_Users

User: xxx.xxx@xxx.com

Password:

... eventually ...

Error mounting location: DBus error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

#

# pkg list -a entire

NAME (PUBLISHER)                                  VERSION                    IFO

entire                                            0.5.11-0.175.1.0.0.24.2    i--

#

• 3. Re: Solaris davfs mount
              Pascal Kreyer-Oracle

Seems that the authentication window cannot be displayed. Is nautilus working and displayed ?

• 4. Re: Solaris davfs mount
                User12625855-Oracle

Thanks for the reply Pascal.

When I run :

$ nautilus --no-desktop davs://beehiveonline.oracle.com/content/dav/Oracle/[Workspace]/Documents/[Folder]/

.. the dialog box is displayed prompting to 'Enter Password for Authorized_Users'. I then enter the credentials (which I have verified as functional to the same URL via a browser) although nautilus never starts. I noted the process persists though. ie. nautilus --sm-client-id xxxxetc.

In an attempt to eliminate permissions .. I tried the approach below:

$ xhost

# su -

# DISPLAY=:0; export DISPLAY

# nautilus --no-desktop davs://beehiveonline.oracle.com/content/dav/Oracle/[Workspace]/Documents/[Folder]/

Initializing nautilus-open-terminal extension

Could not display "davs://beehiveonline.oracle....pace/Documents/Asset_Reports/".

Nautilus cannot handle "davs" locations.

.. and launches without the hoped for storage location mapped.

• 5. Re: Solaris davfs mount
                  Pascal Kreyer-Oracle

I'm sorry, but it seems that I have the same problem with this server. My test was done with an other DAVS server.

• 6. Re: Solaris davfs mount
                    User12625855-Oracle

Does anyone else have any suggestions regarding mounting davfs? .. or even alternatives like mounting dropbox resource?