5 Replies Latest reply: May 12, 2014 11:18 PM by Shesh RSS

Double Authentication Issue from Oracle EBS to APEX

sjeedipalli

Hi,

I am currently working on a project to integrate APEX 4.2.4 with Oracle EBS 12.1.3. We have completed the recommended setup as per the Oracle white paper.  I have attached the APEX application to an EBS responsibility, when i click the APEX page from the EBS, it is navigating me to the APEX Login page and after i entered my credentials it is showing "No data found" error in the page. Then when i click the OK button it is again navigating me to the APEX Login page and it is validating my login details allowing me to enter the APEX successfullly.

It is really annoying us for double login checks. Appreciate your help on to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Deployment Environment

===============

Database: Oracle 11g (11.2.0.2)

APEX Version: APEX 4.2.4

Oracle EBS Version: R12.1.3

Application Servers: Apache TomCat 7.0.56 (For APEX), Oracle HTTP Server (For EBS)

Web Listener: Oracle REST Data Services (2.0.6)

Authentication: Custom Authentication (The login page will validate the EBS Users)

Thanks

Sudhakar

• 1. Re: Double Authentication Issue from Oracle EBS to APEX
          Tom Petrus

So what is on the page you're being redirected to after the login? What is triggering the no-data-found?

• 2. Re: Double Authentication Issue from Oracle EBS to APEX
            sjeedipalli

Hi Tom,

When i directly click the APEX Page link in the EBS Home Page, i am able to redirect to APEX application with single login attempt. But, the same APEX page when i click it from the EBS Responibility it is re-directing me to Login page of APEX, in the first attempt i am getting the below error

URL:  <local_host>:8080/ords/f?p=0::928546060600:CallFromForm%3D%27Y%27&p=104:1:::

Page: Blank white Page with

ErrorError processing request.

ORA-01403: no data found

After clicking the OK button in the Error page, it is again re-directing me to Login page of APEX and this time i am successful login,

I am really wondering it is working fine form EBS Home page and not in Responsibility level.

Thanks

Sudhakar

• 3. Re: Double Authentication Issue from Oracle EBS to APEX
              Tom Petrus

Looks like the constructed URL is not ok. It is EBS not constructing a valid string. You can see this where it puts "CallFromForm" in and then again appends "&p=..." to the URL.

The whitepaper only mentions one required patch, you do need another one to fix this issue.

Use the FND Gateway. If you don't need to pass parameters through your form function to Apex, Oracle now provide a GWY.jsp that you can use to launch Apex. Install the R12 patches 12316083 and 12726556. Then use the GWY.jsp in your form function as described in white paper "Extending Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 using Oracle Application Express".

Patch 12316083 is mentioned in the whitepaper, you're missing 12726556.

Description

This bug fixes the APEX launcher issue, when an APEX page is launched from any

Oracle E-Business Suite Forms based user interface. An additional url

paramter "CallFromForm" used to be added to the APEX URL, which was causing

the APEX page to fail.

• 4. Re: Double Authentication Issue from Oracle EBS to APEX
                sjeedipalli

Thank you so much Tom, now i am able to login APEX from EBS form level after applying the Patch# 12726556

Regards

Sudhakar

• 5. Re: Double Authentication Issue from Oracle EBS to APEX
                  Shesh

Hi Sudhakar,

Whitepaper "Extending Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 using Oracle Application Express" mentions

If using custom authentication, users will not automatically log into Oracle Application Express.

However, if you are using Oracle Access Manager or Oracle Single Sign-On then users will not be

required to enter their user credentials when Oracle Application Express is invoked from the Oracle EBusiness Suite menu.

Were you able to pass the login credentials without prompting login page while using custom authentication?

In 11i we have used Web PLSQL and SSWA Plsql Function, but R12.1.3 onwards SSWA Plsql function is not supported.

Appreciate your reply.

Thanks