3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2014 1:39 PM by jrimblas RSS

APEX Makes me login twice

Blackhawk Pilot

I'm using APEX 4.2.2. I installed a plug-in Calendar (from Enkitec) on page1.  In the Source for the Calendar it has a parameter for a url

(http://ngid-dpc-apexd:8080/apex/f?p=112:7:&APP_SESSION.::::P7_MISSION_ID:'||MISSION_ID as url,).

The application makes me login and takes me to page1 with the plugin Calendar.  When I cursor over the link it displays the correct url.  When I click on the link APEX make me login again with a different Session ID in the web browser url.  After I login again it take me to the correct web page with original Session ID.  From then on I can go back to page1 and click on the Calendar links and it takes me to the appropriate web page with no more logins.

Any clues on what's causing this?

Thanks

Randy

• 1. Re: APEX Makes me login twice
          jrimblas

Hi Randy,

Something must not be formed correctly in your SQL for the FullCalendar Region Source.

Could you post the full SQL you're using?

I would recommend your URL column look like this:

select ...

, 'f?p=' || :APP_ID || ':7:' || :APP_SESSION || '::::P7_MISSION_ID:'||MISSION_ID as url

, ...

I'm using bind variables instead of substitution strings.  That wouldn't explain the behavior you're explaining, but I just like that approach much better in SQL.

Thanks

-Jorge

• 2. Re: APEX Makes me login twice
            Blackhawk Pilot

Jorge,

Thanks for your response.  I figured out what I did.  The SQL was not the problem.  I have two ways to connect to this application. First: EBG (Embedded Gate Way). Second: Through APEX listener on a Weblogic server.  I was coming in using the Weblogic server but the url in the SQL string was using the EBG.  That's why I was prompted to login again and the Session ID was changed.  From there I was able to continue working.

Now, the question I have is there a way I can get the current url (like: APP_SESSION) and put it in the SQL string that creates the url.

Thanks

Randy

• 3. Re: APEX Makes me login twice
              jrimblas

Well that was strange.  Why would you do that?... but that's a rhetorical question for a different time...

Build the string as I suggested and your application WILL use the current APP_SESSION and it will remain connected to whatever server you are using (EPG or APEX Listener).  All you need to do is start your URL form the f?= forward.

Thanks

-Jorge