2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2014 2:29 PM by user3522281 RSS

Unable to access local JNDI from other cluster member.

user3522281

I have a cluster with two servers in weblogic 10.3.3. I have created a JMS server, Module ( with queues) , and Subdeployment all from within the weblogic console. When deployed, my application can only resolve the JNDI for the queues on the server that is hosting the JMS server. The other cluster member has the message:

####<Mar 11, 2014 12:11:53 PM UTC> <Warning> <EJB> <azt4f03> <ejdev150-f03> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '1' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<WLS Kernel>> <> <> <1394539913422> <BEA-010061> <The Message-Driven EJB: ActivityLogMdb is unable to connect to the JMS destination: jms/app/ActivityLogQueue. The Error was:

The destination for the MDB ActivityLogMdb(Application: ejdev1500, EJBComponent: app-ejb.jar) could not be resolved at this time.  Please ensure the destination is available at the JNDI name jms/app/ActivityLogQueue.  The EJB container will periodically attempt to resolve this MDB destination and additional warnings may be issued.>

####<Mar 11, 2014 12:11:53 PM UTC> <Warning> <EJB> <azt4f03> <ejdev150-f03> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '1' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<WLS Kernel>> <> <> <1394539913423> <BEA-010061> <The Message-Driven EJB: ActivityLogMdb is unable to connect to the JMS destination: jms/app/ActivityLogQueue. The Error was:

Can not get destination information. The destination JNDI name is jms/app/ActivityLogQueue, the provider URL is null>

####<Mar 11, 2014 12:11:53 PM UTC> <Info> <EJB> <azt4f03> <ejdev150-f03> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '1' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<WLS Kernel>> <> <> <1394539913423> <BEA-010223> <EJB Deployed Message Driven Bean: ActivityLogMdb>

However, I see the JNDI in the JNDI tree for that server when I check and everything I've read suggests that the JNDI name that I have set should be visible to every cluster member.

• 1. Re: Unable to access local JNDI from other cluster member.
          Rosario

Hi,

Queue is singleton object and it can be deployed to a single JMS Server (Managed Server) and can be accessed via that JNDI only. If you want cluster ability, then you should Uniform Distributed Queue.

The JNDI view is due to the fact , each Member should know the services offered by other managed servers, but it doesn't mean other server can access those resources.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Rosario

• 2. Re: Unable to access local JNDI from other cluster member.
            user3522281

The problem is more along the lines of Non-Collocated MDBs do not seem to connect correctly at startup. In the below screenshot the Collocated MDB is connected and the Non-Collocated MDB is not. If I select the disconnected MDB and click Resume MDB, the connection is made.

Also, if I install my app to only one server in the cluster and the JMS server is hosted on the other server in the cluster ( again Non-Collocated ) my single MDB in this case still will not connect until I manually resume.