1 2 Previous Next 24 Replies Latest reply: Apr 7, 2014 7:23 AM by Joe R Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: Including JQuery Version Newer than 1.6x Caused an Error in JQuery.UI.Button.js
        Tom Petrus

Can you try with these lines in your header section, and look at the console what it puts out?

<script>console.log("jquery version before 1.7: " + $.fn.jquery);</script>
        <script src="wwv_flow_file_mgr.get_file?p_security_group_id=xxxx&p_flow_id=191&p_fname=jquery-1.7.2.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
        <script>console.log("jquery version after 1.7: " + $.fn.jquery);</script>
        • 16. Re: Including JQuery Version Newer than 1.6x Caused an Error in JQuery.UI.Button.js
          Joe R

Tom,

Here's the results:

jquery version before 1.7: 1.6.2

jquery version after 1.7: 1.7.2

Thanks,
          Joe
          • 17. Re: Including JQuery Version Newer than 1.6x Caused an Error in JQuery.UI.Button.js
            Tom Petrus

So that looks good actually... The $.widget error is throw where exactly? The jquery ui file?

Actually, try attaching the jquery ui js file after the jquery library again. Can't recall the exact location for 4.1 though.

• 18. Re: Including JQuery Version Newer than 1.6x Caused an Error in JQuery.UI.Button.js
              Joe R

Tom,

The reference link for the jquery-ui.min.css file is not in the template.
              This is what is in the Header of the Page template:

<html lang="&BROWSER_LANGUAGE." xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns:htmldb="http://htmldb.oracle.com">

<head>

<link rel="stylesheet" href="#IMAGE_PREFIX#/themes/theme_13/theme_3_1.css" type="text/css" />

#HEAD#

<script>console.log("jquery version before 1.7: " + $.fn.jquery);</script>

<script src="#APP_IMAGES#jquery-1.7.2.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script>console.log("jquery version after 1.7: " + $.fn.jquery);</script>

<title>#TITLE#</title>

</head>

<body #ONLOAD#><noscript>&MSG_JSCRIPT.</noscript>#FORM_OPEN#<a name="PAGETOP"></a>

I also did an Application Search for the file and the Search didn't return anything.

But to answer your question about the widget error; yes it being reported from the jquery.ui.button.js file on line 274.

Would copying the entire file and pasting it here help? I don't have access to modify it though.

Thanks,

Joe

• 19. Re: Including JQuery Version Newer than 1.6x Caused an Error in JQuery.UI.Button.js
                Tom Petrus

Joe,

I wasn't talking about the CSS file, but the JS file. There is no reference to it on your page because just like the jquery library, it is wrapped up in the 4.1 javascript file.

Which is why I'd suggest that you'd try to attach the library again after attaching the newer library. I just can't recall the location on the images folder for 4.1 anymore as I believe it changed in 4.2 to images/libraries/jquery-ui/.

The button js file depends on jquery ui core and widget, so you'd need at least those, or just attach the whole library.

eg:

<script src="#IMAGE_PREFIX#path/to/jquery-ui/1.8.14/ui/jquery.ui.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

(or jquery.ui.core.js followed by jquery.ui.widget.js - please note PATH/TO/ you'll need to change. Take a quick browse through your images folder.)

• 20. Re: Including JQuery Version Newer than 1.6x Caused an Error in JQuery.UI.Button.js
                  Joe R

Tom,

Sorry for the confusion.

I wanted to let you know that I asked for the information that you've suggested. I don't have access to the server and I don't know the path or file names. I've asked for either access to the directory and/or a list of Javascript files and the exact directory path.

When I get that I'll try your suggestion and let you know the results.

Thanks,

Joe

• 21. Re: Including JQuery Version Newer than 1.6x Caused an Error in JQuery.UI.Button.js
                    Tom Petrus

Hi Joe,

I was able to get a look at a 4.1 environment so I looked up the location too, and it's the same as it is in 4.2. Oopsie

<script src="#IMAGE_PREFIX#libraries/jquery-ui/1.8.14/ui/jquery.ui.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

• 22. Re: Including JQuery Version Newer than 1.6x Caused an Error in JQuery.UI.Button.js
                      Joe R

Tom,

Thank you for that!!

Ok, the Header in the page template now looks like this:

<html lang="&BROWSER_LANGUAGE." xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns:htmldb="http://htmldb.oracle.com">

<head>

<link rel="stylesheet" href="#IMAGE_PREFIX#/themes/theme_13/theme_3_1.css" type="text/css" />

#HEAD#

<script src="#IMAGE_PREFIX#libraries/jquery-ui/1.8.14/ui/jquery.ui.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<title>#TITLE#</title>

</head>

<body #ONLOAD#><noscript>&MSG_JSCRIPT.</noscript>#FORM_OPEN#<a name="PAGETOP"></a>

And unfortunately the same error on line 274:

TypeError: $.widget is not a function

_resetButton: function() {

That error is being reported by FireFox (v25).

There is a different error in IE (v8)!

The error from IE(v8) is on line 45 of the same file:

Object doesn't support this property or method

Would pasting any or all of the code from the jquery.ui.button.js file help?

The Header information from the View Source is:

<html lang="en-us" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns:htmldb="http://htmldb.oracle.com">
                      <head>
                      <link rel="stylesheet" href="/i//themes/theme_13/theme_3_1.css" type="text/css" />

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/i/css/apex_4_1.min.css" type="text/css" />
                      <!--[if IE]><link rel="stylesheet" href="/i/css/apex_ie_4_1.css" type="text/css" /><![endif]-->
                      <link rel="stylesheet" href="/i/libraries/jquery-ui/1.8.14/themes/base/jquery-ui.min.css" type="text/css" />
                      <script type="text/javascript">var apex_img_dir = "/i/", htmldb_Img_Dir = apex_img_dir;</script><script src="/i/javascript/apex_4_1.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
                      <script src="wwv_flow_file_mgr.get_file?p_security_group_id=xxxx&p_flow_id=191&p_fname=staffing_plan_p11.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
                      <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
                      <!--
                          htmldb_delete_message='Would you like to perform this delete action?';

function redirectToESSP()
                          {
                              var get = new htmldb_Get(null,$v('APP_ID'),'APPLICATION_PROCESS=Set_P0_Group',0);
                              gReturn = get.get();
                              if (gReturn == 3)
                              {
                                  var href = 'f?p=191:51:296141504962901::NO:';
                                  window.location = href;
                              }
                          }
                      //-->
                      </script>

<style type="text/css">
                          .t13RegionBody td
                          {
                              padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px !important;
                          }
                      </style>
                      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
                      <script src="wwv_flow_file_mgr.get_file?p_security_group_id=xxxx&p_flow_id=191&p_fname=jquery-1.7.2.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
                      <script src="/i/libraries/jquery-ui/1.8.14/ui/jquery.ui.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
                      <title>Staffing Plan</title>
                      </head>

--UPDATE: When I click the link in View Source for: /i/libraries/jquery-ui/1.8.14/ui/jquery.ui.js I get a 404 error:

HTTP Status 404 -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

type Status report

description The requested resource () is not available.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But if I click the link for any of the other Javascript files I get the code for the file.

Thanks,

Joe

• 23. Re: Including JQuery Version Newer than 1.6x Caused an Error in JQuery.UI.Button.js
                        Tom Petrus

Ho boy.

jquery-ui.js instead of jquery.ui.js

<script src="/i/libraries/jquery-ui/1.8.14/ui/jquery-ui.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Sorry, threw me off a but. All other files are with dots, the all-including one is with a minus. /facepalm

• 24. Re: Including JQuery Version Newer than 1.6x Caused an Error in JQuery.UI.Button.js
                          Joe R

Tom,

OMG!! It worked!!! Thank you very much!!

No more errors!  The plug-in works great in FireFox (v25) but not so much in IE (v8) , but that's a different thread!

Thank you for all your time and effort Tom!

Thanks,

Joe

1 2 Previous Next