6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 7, 2014 11:32 AM by BPeaslandDBA RSS

No default LISTENER made in $GRID_HOME/network/admin/listener.ora after install

Hello,

We're on 11gR2 (11.2.0.4 this time).

A few months ago on a test blade we installed the GI infrastructure version 11.2.0.3, and I remember ending

up with a listener.ora in GRID_HOME/network/admin containing the following:

LISTENER=(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=IPC)(KEY=LISTENER))))        # line added by Agent
      LISTENER_SCAN3=(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=IPC)(KEY=LISTENER_SCAN3))))            # line added by Agent
      LISTENER_SCAN2=(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=IPC)(KEY=LISTENER_SCAN2))))            # line added by Agent
      LISTENER_SCAN1=(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=IPC)(KEY=LISTENER_SCAN1))))            # line added by Agent
      ENABLE_GLOBAL_DYNAMIC_ENDPOINT_LISTENER_SCAN1=ON            # line added by Agent
      ENABLE_GLOBAL_DYNAMIC_ENDPOINT_LISTENER_SCAN2=ON            # line added by Agent
      ENABLE_GLOBAL_DYNAMIC_ENDPOINT_LISTENER_SCAN3=ON            # line added by Agent
      ENABLE_GLOBAL_DYNAMIC_ENDPOINT_LISTENER=ON          # line added by Agent

Now a few months later we're installing again this software (in the meantime we chose 11.2.0.4), and I noticed

that my default LISTENER is no more created. The first and last line above in listener.ora have disappeared, I only

find the lines related to the SCAN listener, and I have to further execute

srvctl add listener

srvctl start listener

to have LISTENER created and running... I don't understand why: what am I doing that prevents the GI installation to also

add this default listener ?

Thanks...

Regards,

Seb