6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 8, 2014 6:43 AM by kMikkat_v7 RSS

Issues while Installing SOA 11g in windows 8

Hi Experts,

I am trying to install SOA Suite to my laptop which have windows 8. Data base and RCU and Weblogic everything is completed successfully with out any issues.

I have used oepe-wls-indigo-installer-11.1.1.8.0.201110211138-10.3.6-win32 for weblogic . When i am trying to  run the G:\SOA_Software_Downloads\SOA_11g_64bit\unzip\ofm_soa_generic_11.1.1.7.01 of2\Disk1>setup -jreLoc C:\Oracle\Middleware\SOASuite11gR1PS6\jdk160_29, i am getting issue like on Prerequisite Checks 3 of 8 step is giving Checking operating system certification and Checking service pack status are in red with cross symbol but Checking physical memory status is checked.

I try to install generic weblogic as well wls1036_generic, which is giving error like The Java Run Time Environment was not found at C:\Program\bin\javaw.exe. Hence, the Oracle Universal Installer cannot be run. Please visit heep://www.javasoft.com and install JRE version 1.3.1 or higher and try again, but i have installed jdk1.6.0_35 from oracle, still same issue.

I uninstalled weblogic and tried different options all are facing similar issues, can any help me what is doing wrong here? what is missing

-Thanks,

• 1. Re: Issues while Installing SOA 11g in windows 8

Any inputs would be highly appreciate......

• 2. Re: Issues while Installing SOA 11g in windows 8
            SahilAneja

Please check System Requirements for same. Win8 is not certified OS, thats the reason you are getting RED status during installation

System Requirements

The following system requirements apply for this release:

• Mac OS Leopard
            • Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 - 32/64 bit
            • Oracle Enterprise Linux 5 - 32/64bit
            • Recommend 2GB memory for IDE and an additional 2GB if running server locally

For your second issue related to Java runtime environment, try to provide jrelocation as below

setup.exe -jreLoc JRE_LOCATION

Cheers,

Sahil

• 3. Re: Issues while Installing SOA 11g in windows 8
              c6e42dfe-2944-4699-8ae3-b9776fe73b82

Hi Sahil

I am using Win8 64bit OS. And I'm trying to install V37380-01_1of2.zip and V37380-01_2of2.zip after the jdk-7u51-windows-x64.exe and wls1036_generic.jar were installed in my pc successfully. Below are the setup in my PC:

JAVA_HOME = C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_51; which is correct location in my pc;

PATH = PATH=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_51\bin;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_51\jre\bin;D:\ProgramFiles\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\bin;

A foler 'jre7' in the same forder with JDK was generated after install JDK. That means there are two folders under folder 'C:\Program Files\Java' after JDK installation.

I ran the command setup.exe -jreLoc C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_51\jre under SOA folder disk1 foder 'D:\Tools\SOA\Disk1'. Oracle Universal Installer error shows: The Java RunTime Environment was not found at C:\Program\bin\javaw.exe. Hence, the Oracle Universal Installer can't be run. Please visit http://www.javasoft.com and install JRE version 1.3.1 or higher and try again.

I checked there is no folder Program under C drive in my pc. so I don't know which part is wrong. Please advise, thanks.

• 4. Re: Issues while Installing SOA 11g in windows 8
                kMikkat_v7

Hello,

never ever install any Oracle component including Java into the Windows "Program Files" / "Program File(x86)" system directories since they contain a blank space. Even if in your local language settings, the folders might be named different withaout any blank space (e.g. in German "Programme" and "Programme(x86)", they do contain a blank space on file system level. Solution:

1. Install Java SDK to a non-blank-space directory such as C:\Oracle\Java\jdk1.6.0_45 (jdk version of your choice)
                2. Adapt your JAVA_HOME and PATH system variable accordingly
                3. Install your Oracle database into a directory not containing any blank spaces, e.g. C:\Oracle\XE11g2.
                4. Install your Oracle components to a middleware home directory not containing any blank spaces, e.g. C:\Oracle\FMW11117 or C:\Oracle\FMW11gR1PS6.

Best Practice tip: include the version numbers for DB directory and FMW home to be able to install different versions over the years (e.g. when 12c comes out)

Your workspace directory shouldn't contain any blank spaces as well as your JDev directory ;-)

Please let me know if this helps.

Best regards

km

• 5. Re: Issues while Installing SOA 11g in windows 8
                  c6e42dfe-2944-4699-8ae3-b9776fe73b82

Thank you, KM

You are right, after re-install JDK without blank spaces in a directory, it works.

But it can't pass the OS certification check durning install SOA 11g. My Win8 OS is activated. I checked Oracle documents, it looks SOA 11g can't be installed in Win8. Am I right?

• 6. Re: Issues while Installing SOA 11g in windows 8
                    kMikkat_v7

According to the certification matrix (website, directlink to xls), tab "FMW on WLS - System" in the excel sheet, it is not yet certified with Microsoft Windows 8. However, Win8 is actually not that different from Win7, so maybe you will find a workaround to bypass the OS certification check.