1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 8, 2014 12:55 AM by CKPT RSS

Data guard with EBS R12.1.1

techxis.com

Hi experts,

plz suggest is it required to keep the database name (SID) and TNS name same for both PRIMARY DATABASE AND STANDBY DATABASE.

i want to create a standby database for testing purpose with EBS R12.1.1.

my primary sever sid name is             TEST  (DB PORT 1526)  (application port 8005)

secondary server name (STANDBY)    DEV    (DB PORT 1528) (application port 8007)

can i implement data guard with already installed EBS on different server.

EBS R12.1.1

database 11.1.0.7

OS RHEL 5.6 ( on TEST server )

OS RHEL 5.2 ( on DEV server)

plz suggest the right way to implement dataguard and data guard broker.

currently i  follow the Doc ID 1070033.1.

regards

pritesh ranjan

• 1. Re: Data guard with EBS R12.1.1
          CKPT

plz suggest is it required to keep the database name (SID) and TNS name same for both PRIMARY DATABASE AND STANDBY DATABASE.

It is not necessary to have same SID and TNS service name. You can have what ever name is convinient to you. But preferably use names by location names such as india, canada so on. So that it is easy to know which service and where it is located and it will be more easy if you perform switchover.

i want to create a standby database for testing purpose with EBS R12.1.1.

my primary sever sid name is             TEST  (DB PORT 1526)  (application port 8005)

secondary server name (STANDBY)    DEV    (DB PORT 1528) (application port 8007)

can i implement data guard with already installed EBS on different server.

As i said you can have any SID, TNS and any port number, But as you know the DB_NAME should be same. If the EBS already running on primary database TEST, then yes still you can configure data guard.

To Configure DataGuard:

Business Continuity for Oracle E-Business Release 12 Using Oracle 11g Release 2 and later Physical Standby Database (Doc ID 1070033.1)

- This MOS ID have everything information, you can go ahead.

To Configure DataGuard Broker:

Step by Step How to Create Dataguard Broker Configuration (Doc ID 984622.1)