Financial reporting studio

hyperion start

I have entity branching out to department and then to unity

entity

department

unit 1

unit 2

unit 3.

while creating report, how can i have a row that would have the total of these three units?

• 1. Re: Financial reporting studio
          A.Farrag

Hi,

You can show the 3 units on a row and add anther row to sum these units by a formula and if you want not to show the row containing the 3 units, you can hide this row and only keed the other row contining the total of the 3 units.

Regards,

Ahmad.

• 2. Re: Financial reporting studio
            hyperion start

Thanks Ahmad for your response.

Well we can do it but if I have hundreds of units, under about 50 diferent departments, is there a way to auto calculate (auto sum) so that after the combination of each unit, there is a subtotal. So kind of subtotalling?

Any suggestion.

And what would be the best document from Oracle's site that would give some insight? Anything apart from

FINANCIAL_REPORTING_STUDIO_USER_GUIDE

that is availabe at the site?

Thanks

• 3. Re: Financial reporting studio
              A.Farrag

Hi,

If the "department" member is dynamic calc, you can select the departments in the row (by selecting @Descendants of the parent of departments) and each department will automatically aggregate it units.

Try to serach about "Adding auto calculations and mathematical functions" for hyperion financial reporting. When I find a doc I'll send you.

Thanks,

Ahmad.

• 4. Re: Financial reporting studio
                hyperion start

Thanks, In fact, i was able to sum most by using the conditional formatting. Only one thing I have is

if we can group them  by "member name" for example

under department i have say three units

unit1    data1

unit1   data2

unit2  data1

unit2   data2

unit2 data3

unit3 data1

I was wondering if there is anything so that i can group(total) each unit?

• 5. Re: Financial reporting studio
                  A.Farrag

You can create a user-defined list that groups the members you need as follows:

User-defined lists retrieve specified members from a database connection. You can include selected members, member lists, and functions for the specified list members. To create user-defined lists:

• In the Select Members dialog box, select the Lists tab.
                  • From Available Options view, select Create. The create <dimension name> list dialog box is displayed
                  • Choose the members, lists, or functions, click Add or Add Relationship , and then click OK.
                  • Enter a list name and description, and then click OK to save the list.

Regards,

Ahmad.

• 6. Re: Financial reporting studio
                    AmarnathK

Have you tried Auto Calculate feature in Hyperion Financial reports?

It would automatically calculate the total

Refer to the section "Adding Auto Calculations to Data Rows and Columns" in HFR Studio Guide?

Regards

Amarnath

ORACLE | Essbase