1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 12, 2014 6:40 PM by Avi Miller-Oracle RSS

switching a system from uln to the public yum server

Hi,

can someone please help me to switch a system from uln to the public yum server?

As far as I understand I will first need to remove this particular system from uln.

Can I do this from within the system? E.g. is there a unl_unregister program? I can only find uln_register.

Or will I need to do this online, lgging into the uln website?

Secondly, I guess I will have to install the public oracle yum repo?

cd /etc/yum.repos.d

wget http://public-yum.oracle.com/public-yum-ol6.repo

Will this work?

Please let me know if this is the way to do this - or if not, what I will need to do to switch over to the public repository.

Thank you,

Robert

• 1. Re: switching a system from uln to the public yum server
          Avi Miller-Oracle

839105 wrote:

Please let me know if this is the way to do this - or if not, what I will need to do to switch over to the public repository.

There is no way to unregister from ULN from the client. You need to delete the server from the web interface. However, you can stop a client from using ULN without unregistering it. Just run:

# yum remove yum-rhn-plugin

That removes the ULN functionality from the server. Now it will use whatever yum repos you've configured, which if you grab the public-yum-ol6.repo will be the public-yum server. You can then remove the server from the ULN interface at your leisure.