4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 15, 2014 7:06 AM by 6e58adbf-e6d4-404e-90be-b03f06b06364 RSS

Error when trying to access return value (associative array) of a stored function via C#

6e58adbf-e6d4-404e-90be-b03f06b06364

Hello all,

since two days now I'm stuck with a weird problem. I searched the interwebz and tried lots of suggestions, but nothing actually worked. I'm always receiving the following error:

Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException: ORA-06513: PL/SQL: index for PL/SQL table out of range for host language array

ORA-06512: at line 1

I am trying to call a stored function that returns an associative array of varchar2 from C# code. The function resides in a package whose body is unknown to me, I just can see the declaration of the function, which looks like this:

FUNCTION GetSomething( pSomeValue1 IN VARCHAR2,

pSomeValue2 IN NUMBER DEFAULT 1,

pSomeValue3 IN VARCHAR2 DEFAULT NULL )

RETURN FILECOL;

And the definition for FILECOL:

TYPE FILECOL IS TABLE OF VARCHAR2(100) INDEX BY BINARY_INTEGER;

My code looks like the following:

OracleCommand oracleCommand = new OracleCommand

{

Connection = connection,

CommandText = "MY_PACKAGE.GetSomething",

CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure,

BindByName = true,

};

OracleParameter docNumber = new OracleParameter("pSomeValue1", OracleDbType.Varchar2, "ABCDE",

ParameterDirection.Input);

OracleParameter fileType = new OracleParameter("pSomeValue2", OracleDbType.Int16, 1,

OracleParameter fileExtension = new OracleParameter("pSomeValue3", OracleDbType.Varchar2, DBNull.Value,

OracleParameter returnValue = new OracleParameter("ret", OracleDbType.Varchar2,

ParameterDirection.ReturnValue);

const int arraySize = 100;

returnValue.CollectionType = OracleCollectionType.PLSQLAssociativeArray;

returnValue.Size = arraySize;

returnValue.ArrayBindSize = Enumerable.Repeat(100, arraySize).ToArray();

oracleCommand.Parameters.Add(returnValue);

oracleCommand.Parameters.Add(docNumber);

oracleCommand.Parameters.Add(fileType);

oracleCommand.Parameters.Add(fileExtension);

try

{

connection.Open();

oracleCommand.ExecuteNonQuery(); // <-- Here the error occurrs

}

finally

{

connection.Close();

}

Does anybody have an idea what is wrong here? I saw people receiving this error when they iterated over the result, but I don't even get a result, since it fails before. The function should return ~14 values, so I should also be safe with the array size of 100. For the curious: I already tried an array size of 1000000, with the same exceptional result.

Best regards,

MHR