7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 15, 2014 5:25 PM by Ron M-Oracle RSS

Need translations for action column in SpecLineageHistory table.

Phillip Turner

There is a table in the applicaiton (specLineageHistory) that has a column named Action. The values in this column are numeric and we need the translations for these codes. Can anyone tell me what the translations are for the numeric values in this column? If seems to be hard coded. We need these values as we are writing reports that require the Spec Lineage History.

The values we currently have in the action column of the SpecLineageHistory table are = 2, 5, 7, & 9.

• 1. Re: Need translations for action column in SpecLineageHistory table.
          Ron M-Oracle
          ActionEnumTranslation
          1CREATED_ACTIONlblCreated
          2UDPATE_ACTIONlblUpdated
          3CREATED_FROM_ACTIONlblCreatedFrom
          4UPDATED_FROM_ACTIONlblUpdatedFrom
          5CREATE_NEW_ACTIONlblCreateNew
          6CREATE_NEW_COPY_ACTIONlblCreateNewCopy
          7CREATE_NEW_COPY_OF_ACTIONlblCreateNewCopyFrom
          8CREATE_NEW_ISSUE_ACTIONlblCreateNewIssue
          9CREATE_NEW_ISSUE_OF_ACTIONlblCreateNewIssueFrom
          10CREATE_TARGET_REVISION_ACTIONlblCreateTargetRevision
          11CREATE_TARGET_REVISION_OF_ACTIONlblCreateTargetRevisionFrom
          12CREATE_FROM_TEMPLATE_ACTIONlblCreateNewFromTemplate
          13CREATE_FROM_TEMPLATE_OF_ACTIONlblCreateNewFromTemplateFrom
          14CREATED_FROM_EQ_ACTIONlblCreatedFromEQ
          15UPDATED_FROM_EQ_ACTIONlblUpdatedFromEQ
          16CREATE_NEW_ISSUE_FROM_EQ_ACTIONlblCreatedNewIssueFromEQ
          17CREATE_FROM_TEMPLATE_FROM_EQ_ACTIONlblCreatedNewFromTemplateFromEQ
          18CREATE_FROM_IMPORT_ACTIONlblCreateNewFromImport

You can find the translations listed above in the "WebCommon/SpecLineageHistory" translation cache.

(cache pkid = '216533899e13-d861-441e-ae2a-af81b3e85c0c')

You can see these translations using the following SQL query (not that I restricted it to English only, but you can remove that)

select item.id, trans.*, * from commonTranslationCaches cache 
            inner join commonTranslationItemsJoin j on j.fkTranslationCache = cache.pkid
            inner join commonTranslationItems item on item.pkid = j.fkTranslationItem
            inner join commonTranslationItemValues trans on trans.fkTranslationItem = j.fkTranslationItem 
          where cache.ID = 'SpecLineageHistory'
          and trans.langID =0 -- restrict to English translations only

• 2. Re: Need translations for action column in SpecLineageHistory table.
            Phillip Turner

Thanks Ron for the information. Can you please let me know how we get from the Action Numeric value to the translation item? Or is this hard coded? We need to join data this together to produce a BO report.

• 3. Re: Need translations for action column in SpecLineageHistory table.
              Ron M-Oracle

Unfortunately, it is not specified in the database, but in classes.

So you could either create a simple lookup table yourself, associating the ActionNumber to the translationID, or write a function to do so, or something similar.

Regards,

Ron

• 4. Re: Need translations for action column in SpecLineageHistory table.
                Phillip Turner

Ron,

Can you tell me how to get a complete list of user friendly translations for the action items?

Example: For action 13, the UI has the Action Name as 'Created New From Template', but the translation in the table you provided has 'lblCreateNewFromTemplateFrom'

We are planning to create our own custom Action Item translation table and would like to have everything in it.

Thanks,

Phil

• 5. Re: Need translations for action column in SpecLineageHistory table.
                  Ron M-Oracle

The SQL query I provided earlier should get the values for you.

• 6. Re: Need translations for action column in SpecLineageHistory table.
                    Phillip Turner

Hi Ron,

When I run the query provided earlier I get the following labels which do not match the labels in the table you provided. Why the difference? How do I get the translations for the missing labels? And there are labels in the results that are not in your table. Thye do not all look like actions. Please advise.

btnClone

lblCreated

lblCreatedFrom

lblCreateNewCopyFrom

lblCreateNewIssueFrom

lblCreateTargetRevision

lblCreateTargetRevisionFrom

lblEQImportActionOption_CNI

lblEQImportActionOption_CNS

lblLineageHistory

lblResultsPerPage

lblTotal

lblUpdated

lblUpdatedFrom

lblViewAllHistory

• 7. Re: Need translations for action column in SpecLineageHistory table.
                      Ron M-Oracle

Hi Phil

Sorry for the confusion and the delay in responding.

Several of these entries from the cache are simply used in the User Interface as labels.

Others are from PQM and SCRM (they are using the same cache here).

Hope that helps.

Regards,,

Ron