3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2014 1:02 PM by Asad -Oracle

orainstRoot.sh is absent in installtion of oracle 11.2.0.4 in centos6.4

hello to all,

I installed oracle 11gr2 patchset4 at last point of installation

orainstRoot.sh was not there. And after rebooting oracle is currupted. how to recover it.

i installed all the rpms and everything was ok but at last moment... this occurred :-

OK, if i leave that file for execution, there is another problem :-  there  no file named /etc/rc.d/init.d/oracle so that i can make it run any time when i start my computer. i.e. chkconfig --add oracle  for this there is no oracle file. another thing is also there that on the time of  when oracle database  installation completes enterprise manager is on i.e https://kaljayi.centos6.com:1158/em is working fine but when restarted it is crashed. so that i thought this is problem of orainstRoot.sh not showing.

• 1. Re: orainstRoot.sh is absent in installtion of oracle 11.2.0.4 in centos6.4
          Srini Chavali-Oracle

CentOS is not a supported distro for installing Oracle software, so things may or may not work as advertised. Is there a reason for not using a certified OS version ?

Oracle Database Preinstallation Tasks

• 2. Re: orainstRoot.sh is absent in installtion of oracle 11.2.0.4 in centos6.4
            EdStevens

891757 wrote:

hello to all,

I installed oracle 11gr2 patchset4 at last point of installation

orainstRoot.sh was not there.

Of course not.  That's not the name of the file.

It is 'root.sh'.

What made  you think it was 'orainstRoot.sh'?

And after rebooting oracle is currupted. how to recover it.

Define 'corrupted'.

i installed all the rpms and everything was ok but at last moment... this occurred :-

Everything 'ok' except you are installing on an OS for which oracle is not certified, and you are trying to execute a file that does not -- and is not supposed to -- exist, and you seemed to have discovered some sort of undefined 'corruption'.

OK, if i leave that file for execution, there is another problem :-  there  no file named /etc/rc.d/init.d/oracle so that i can make it run any time when i start my computer. i.e. chkconfig --add oracle  for this there is no oracle file.

You have to create it yourself.

another thing is also there that on the time of  when oracle database  installation completes enterprise manager is on i.e https://kaljayi.centos6.com:1158/em is working fine but when restarted it is crashed. so that i thought this is problem of orainstRoot.sh not showing.

Define 'crashed'.  Oracle produces error messages for a reason.

But we must come back to the fact that oracle is not certified to run on Centos.  Why do you not use an OS for which it is certified?

• 3. Re: orainstRoot.sh is absent in installtion of oracle 11.2.0.4 in centos6.4
              Asad -Oracle

Hi ,

You can also review : What Are Root.sh And OrainstRoot.sh Scripts In A Standalone RDBMS Installation? (Doc ID 1493121.1)

CentOS is not certified or supported for use with any Oracle Database version

Thanks,