4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 21, 2014 3:57 PM by Maha Sharabinth-Oracle RSS

Can't drag the dataobject to the human task

Jack BPM

why I cannot drag the dataobject to the human task to set the Parameters?

In the Create Human Task panel,

press the + sign and in the browse Data object window I drag my data object to the human task panel

It desn't work, the Human task Panel can't receive the value what I draged from the browse Data object window.

anyone knows?

• 1. Re: Can't drag the dataobject to the human task
          Daniel Atwood

What JDK are you using?

This normally occurs when JDeveloper is installed with JDK 1.7 instead of 1.6 that is required with 11.1.1.x versions of JDeveloper.

Dan

• 2. Re: Can't drag the dataobject to the human task
            Jack BPM

JDK is 1.7    64

JDevelop is 11.1.1.7     64

what should i do?  what is the recommended version to build the development envirement?

• 3. Re: Can't drag the dataobject to the human task
              Daniel Atwood

If you plan on using JDeveloper with Oracle BPM you'll need to get on JDK 1.6.

Are you asking how to switch JDKs after JDeveloper has already been installed?  Instead of finding all of the configuration files that JDeveloper uses to identify the JDK it's going to use, I believe the best, safest and by far the quickest approach is to simply reinstall 11.1.1.7.

When you reinstall it, either

1. use the JDK that is bundled with JDeveloper (JDK 1.6.0_24) by selecting the "Complete" installation or
              2. download and install a JDK 1.6.0_24+ and then reinstall JDeveloper by selecting the "Custom" installation -> uncheck the bundled JDK checkbox and select "Browse" button to find and select the JDK 1.6 that you installed

Dan

• 4. Re: Can't drag the dataobject to the human task
                Maha Sharabinth-Oracle

I recently had the same issue when I migrated my JDev folders to my new laptop from the old laptop.  New one had only JDK 1.7 and I faced the same issue. 

Install JDK 1.6 as suggested by others then you need to modify the jdev.conf file under <JDev_Home>/jdeveloper/jdev/bin folder to provide the path to JDK 1.6.

After this change you should able to drag and drop the data objects for the HT.

Maha