4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 23, 2014 6:56 AM by David Last-Oracle RSS

SQL Developer Datamodeler 4.0.1. on Windows 7

user11373317

I go to Tools - > Preferences to select my default directories - in particular I want to put reports in a particular directory. I select the directory using the "Select" Button and click OK. When I go back in it is blank again. Is there something that I am doing wrong?

• 1. Re: SQL Developer Datamodeler 4.0.1. on Windows 7
          user11373317

I should add that I highlight Data Modeler before trying to select my directories

• 2. Re: SQL Developer Datamodeler 4.0.1. on Windows 7
            David Last-Oracle

Are you trying to set the "Default Reports Directory" field on the Data Modeler/Reports page of the Preferences?

Are there any errors in your log?  (To see this select External Log from the View menu.)

David

• 3. Re: SQL Developer Datamodeler 4.0.1. on Windows 7
              user11373317

I have selected Tools -> Preferences -> Data Modeler and tried to enter the directory path in "Default Reports Directory". -> Save. When I exit preferences and then go back in, the directory path that I entered has disappeared. A different issue but probably with the same underlying cause is that when I select File - > Reports and then select the Custom Tab. I can create Custom reports which last for the duration of my session but when I exit the session and go back in they have disappeared. In response to your final question when I try to view the external log I get a message "Unable to read external log file". I begin to suspect a problem with my installation but I am not sure where.

• 4. Re: SQL Developer Datamodeler 4.0.1. on Windows 7
                David Last-Oracle

Hi,

The external log is normally held in folder datamodeler\datamodeler\log of your Data Modeler installation (unless another directory has been set on the Environment/Log page of the Preferences).

Your error message would suggest that Data Modeler cannot create the log.  Is the folder perhaps read-only?

The preferences for Data Modeler version 4.0.1 are normally held in file C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler\system4.0.1.836\o.datamodeler\product-preferences.xml.

Perhaps this is read-only?

David