5 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2014 6:39 PM by Joe Upshaw

Line Breaks in Apex Management/report pages?

NewApexCoder

APex 4.2

I have report pages in my apps that include columns like 'Description', 'Purpose', etc. Sometimes users like to bullet point or separate information entered in these fields. So a user may go to the data entry page and enter in information for 'Purpose along the lines of:

- To describe information pertaining to what has nothing to do with anything

- To understand how to post information in a very moderate fashion.

See how there are two bullet points, separated by a line break. When you save the information on your data entry page and navigate back to your report page, it comes out like:

- To describe information pertaining to what has nothing to do with anything- To understand how to post information in a very moderate fashion.

See how the formatting is gone. Is it possible to capture that same formatting from the data entry page onto the report page?? I usually build custom reports and am trying to tackle this same issue. Using xsl-fo to build a report, if it had the same 'Purpose' section, it would come out unformatted as well. Thoought I'd try starting from the report first to see if I can find a solution at the level.

Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.