1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 23, 2014 9:08 AM by Courtney Llamas-Oracle RSS

Trying to remove an Oracle Cluster from EM12c

user6901719

Hello,

I have changed my RAC Database configuration and the old one has disappeared but I can't remove it from from this EM12c.

- Trying to remove the hosts, 'there are targets you have remove before...'

- Trying to remove the database 'you have to remove the cluster before...'

- Trying to remove the cluster, it starts and finish without errors but it doesn't remove.

- If I try again, '

Remove cluster oracle-cluster ...

ORA-20238: Target oracle-cluster:cluster is currently in the process of being deleted ORA-06512: at "SYSMAN.MGMT_ADMIN", line 438 ORA-06512: at "SYSMAN.MGMT_ADMIN", line 711 ORA-06512: at "SYSMAN.MGMT_ADMIN", line 936 ORA-06512: at "SYSMAN.MGMT_ADMIN", line 1032 ORA-06512: at line 1

Finished.

'

I don't know how to finish this loop.

Thanks in advance.

bye

• 1. Re: Trying to remove an Oracle Cluster from EM12c
          Courtney Llamas-Oracle

When you say you tried to remove the database, what steps did you follow and which database? The instance or the cluster database?   What is your end goal?

Typically, you would remove the instances, then the cluster db.   You wouldn't remove the host unless you're completely removing the system from EM all together, in that case the easiest way to remove the host and all targets is to use emcli to delete the agent and monitored targets (agent + host + db, etc.).

emcli delete_target

-name="test.example.com:1836"

-type="oracle_emd"

-delete_monitored_targets

-async

If the target is still pending deletion, you can do two things.

1. download emdiag repvfy kit and run repvfy verify targets -fix -level 9  (EMDIAG Omsvfy 12c Kit - Download and Install (Doc ID 1374450.1))

2. go to setup /manage cloud control/overview, find the link that says pending delete targets and then see if the target is still listed as pending, and try the force

If your cluster still exists, minus this host, go to the cluster target and go to monitoring configuration to ensure that the cluster only consists of the valid hosts afterwards.