1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 24, 2014 10:56 PM by Kabeer Khan RSS

Do we need license to use Oracle Procurement Contracts ?

We are using Oracle R12.

We already implemented Purchasing, iProcurement, iSupplier portal etc.

Now we want to use Oracle Procurement Contracts.

Do we need a license to use it or it is included in the Core financials and Purchasing suite.

• 1. Re: Do we need license to use Oracle Procurement Contracts ?
          Kabeer Khan

According to Oracle's Global Price List for E-Business Suite, Procurement Contracts has been priced as an "option" under Procurement suite of products. But I believe there's a silver lining based on the exact usage.

• For example, for making a Purchase Order you got to attach Terms & Conditions, and those T&C's are defined in a Procurement Contract template. So in this case its a dependency out of using Oracle Purchasing.
          • On the other hand, you may want to define a number of Contract Variables, T&C's, Contract Templates, and use creation, comparison and approval processes which are used independently without Purchasing or iSupplier Portal. In this case you are using it as an independent module.

In my opinion it all depends upon your exact usage of Procurement Contracts, and it would be best to contact Oracle's License Sales Rep to get clear answer to your question.

I found Oracle's Global Price List for E-Business Suite at this link - http://www.oracle.com/us/corporate/pricing/applications-price-list-070574.pdf.

Without prejudice!

Kabeer Khan