3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 4, 2014 5:13 PM by BeckieC RSS

eQ Templates & Supplier Initiated eQs:  Optional versus Required

BeckieC

We are on v6.1.1.1 and have setup our Material Spec eQ with Spec Name and Ingredient Statement as required.  There is no selection for shelf life to be required or optional so that it is not rendered on the eQ.  The white paper on Supplier Initiated eQs states that all data, by default confiugration, is set to optional when the supplier initiates the eQ.  Supplier are currently getting unhandled exception error messages when the supplier submits a change on Supplier Portal.  The eQ is never rendered or emails send with the unique link.  We are wondering if the eQ template needs to have all fields selected as optional in order to render in supplier portal properly.  The documention on Admin, eQ User Guide, and Supplier Portal are all silent on this question.  Only the white paper, written before v6.1, mentions anything about optional versus required.  The specific questions are:

1.  Does the eQ template require that all fields be selected as optional in order to work properly for Supplier Iniated eQs?

2.  Does the supplier create tag that allows row selection in custom sections (we have added these to all of our custom sections and they are in our template) have any impact to the Supplier experience with Supplier Initiated eQs?

Thank you for your time.

Best, BeckieC

• 1. Re: eQ Templates & Supplier Initiated eQs:  Optional versus Required
          KellyMayfield-Oracle

This sounds like a bug, suppliers should be able to initiate eQs regardless of what options are selected on the template.   Go ahead and submit an SR so support can investigate.

To answer your other questions:

1.  Does the eQ template require that all fields be selected as optional in order to work properly for Supplier Iniated eQs?

No, if the data is on the spec it will be included in the questionnaire.  Whether spec data is marked as optional or required for the supplier is decided by this config: <add key="EQ.SupplierInitiatedQuestionaire.EQItem.RequireSpecContents.Enabled" value="false"/>   Data that isn't controlled by the spec, like whether a supplier can create a breakdown, is controlled by the eQ template.

You can also add additional attributes to the template and they should be included in the questionnaire.  For example, lets say the spec has custom A, B, and C and the eQ template has custom section D.   A, B, C and D should appear on the questionnaire they initiate.  Another use case could be an allergen.   Lets say your specs has 12 allergens declared but allergen A is now required to be declared.  You would add allergen A to your template and it should be included with the specification data for the supplier to respond to.  Page 6 of the white paper discusses each field and where the data comes from.  

2.  Does the supplier create tag that allows row selection in custom sections (we have added these to all of our custom sections and they are in our template) have any impact to the Supplier experience with Supplier Initiated eQs?

It shouldn't have a negative impact.   If the section that they have create ability for is on the spec or template it should be included in the initiated questionnaire and the supplier be able to add custom section structure.

• 2. Re: eQ Templates & Supplier Initiated eQs:  Optional versus Required
            BeckieC

Is there a simple SQL query that I can run on the database to find out what fields where marked as required in the eQ template when presented to the supplier?

I am trying to examine why some of our suppliers are having Experience issues and getting unhandled exception messages.  I suspect that there is something about how the users are setting up the eQs in the template design, but I need to figure out how to gather more information about the various incidents.  Thanks. BeckieC

• 3. Re: eQ Templates & Supplier Initiated eQs:  Optional versus Required
              BeckieC

Does anyone on the forum know where the flag for required eQ items are located?  I'm still trying to design a query to ask the database what items were marked as required in a supplier eQ and I cannot seem to locate the apprpriate table.  I can write the query I need if I can locate the data location in the database.  So far, I have not been successful.

My original question was:  Is there a simple SQL query that I can run on the database to find out what fields where marked as required in the eQ template when presented to the supplier?