5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2014 9:22 PM by TexasApexDeveloper

creating mobile application in apex 4.1

Gor_Mahia

All,

I am trying to create a mobile application in apex 4.1 but i cant get like the new jquery theme as the one in 4.2.x so what is the best approach without installing any additional libraries/files on the server? i tried cloudy=24 but its not looking good on mobile devices?

any suggestion is appreciated.

• 1. Re: creating mobile application in apex 4.1
          Sunil Bhatia

Hi Gor,

No there is no simpler way to do this. You have to import jQuery mobile JS and CSS to make it work.

Step by step guide is provided here: Its pretty straight forward with no hassle.

http://www.oracle-and-apex.com/create-a-mobile-theme-for-oracle-apex/

Thanks

Sunil Bhatia

• 2. Re: creating mobile application in apex 4.1
            TexasApexDeveloper

Why not update your APEX instance to 4.2??  Would be easier than trying to force the issue in 4.1..

A blonde goes to the doctor and as she touches each part of her body with her finger she says: Doc it hurts everywhere. My leg hurts, my arm hurts, my neck hurts, and even my head hurts! Doc what's wrong? The doctor answers: Your finger is broken!

Thank you,

Tony Miller
            LuvMuffin Software
            Ruckersville, VA

• 3. Re: creating mobile application in apex 4.1
              Gor_Mahia

Tony,

great story...well i need immediate solution upgrade will be later.

regards

• 4. Re: creating mobile application in apex 4.1
                Mike Kutz

I would probably do some investigation to find out if you will need to rewrite the entire application in 4.2 after the upgrade.

Something tells me that all the hard work that you do to get 4.1 to work just like 4.2 will be totally worthless as you will probably have to scrap what you did (in 4.1) and rewrite it using 4.2's included features.

And, if you don't plan on rewriting it immediately after upgrading to 4.2/5.x's, consider the long term affects on future developers.

ie - You wrote a "hack" that nobody knows/remembers how you did it and why.... (this includes yourself).

In short:  If a newer version of a platform contains the capabilities that you need out-of-the-box, you should upgrade first, write program second.

MK

• 5. Re: creating mobile application in apex 4.1
                  TexasApexDeveloper

Mike,

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story...  The poster wants to stay with the current version of APEX for some reason and make a mobile style app.. If they are NOT willing to listen to reason, who are we to argue the point??  They want to make APEX 4.1 WORK like APEX 4.2, let them go and waste their time...  If they do NOT want to listen, then they can waste their time and come back here and ask how to restore their environment to a point from BEFORE they screwed it up..

'nuff said..

Thank you,

Tony Miller
                  LuvMuffin Software
                  Ruckersville, VA