3 Replies Latest reply: May 6, 2014 1:50 PM by 940856 RSS

Plannig for DR test.

All,

We are planing the DR by using SRDF. unix team will take a backup of source and will do the SRDF to make everything available on DR site. being the database guy , I suggested them to put the database and tablespacees in backup mode , before they do the SRDF (we have 8i , 9i and 10g ) available on the source server. while I was explaining my requirement , one of the storage folk jumps in and told that it would not going to take much time (only 1 to 3 minutes). it would be , as if someone switch off the server and switch it on.

since , I ma involving here first time and not aware , as how SRDF going to impact my recovery at DR site. I would appreciate , if someone already gone through a similar kind of activity like to offer suggestions/input to me or anyone who like to share anything on this.

Regards

• 1. Re: Plannig for DR test.
          sb92075

940856 wrote:

All,

We are planing the DR by using SRDF. unix team will take a backup of source and will do the SRDF to make everything available on DR site. being the database guy , I suggested them to put the database and tablespacees in backup mode , before they do the SRDF (we have 8i , 9i and 10g ) available on the source server. while I was explaining my requirement , one of the storage folk jumps in and told that it would not going to take much time (only 1 to 3 minutes). it would be , as if someone switch off the server and switch it on.

since , I ma involving here first time and not aware , as how SRDF going to impact my recovery at DR site. I would appreciate , if someone already gone through a similar kind of activity like to offer suggestions/input to me or anyone who like to share anything on this.

Regards

Chapter 1 Replicating Data With EMC Symmetrix Remote Data Facility Software (Sun Cluster Geographic Edition Data Replica…

• 2. Re: Plannig for DR test.

Thanks SB for the link , but this in not what I was looking for , rather I am more concerned about , whether to put database in backup mode or not, as during the SRDF.

Regards

• 3. Re: Plannig for DR test.

All,

Sorry for late response. here , if someone would able to let me know that if database needs to put in the backup mode in order to recover it on DR site, as we would also be having the the replica of redologs copied from production as a result of SRDF. any inputs/suggestions would highly appreciated.

regards