5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 30, 2014 4:00 AM by Soofi RSS

Diff between Dialog and Document windows ?

salute-Salem

hi all ,

what is the Diff between Dialog and Document windows ?

thanks

• 1. Re: Diff between Dialog and Document windows ?
          sfr.farhan

Window Style Usage Notes:

MDI applications display a default parent window, called the application window. All other windows in the application are either document windows or dialog windows.

Document windows always remain within the application window frame. If the operator resizes the application window so that it is smaller than a document window, the document window is clipped. An operator can maximize a document window so that is occupies the entire workspace of the application window.

Dialog windows are free-floating, and the operator can move them outside the application window if they were defined as Movable. They cannot be minimized, maximised or resized by the operator.

Valid only for a secondary window. (A root window is always a document window.)

• 2. Re: Diff between Dialog and Document windows ?
            salute-Salem

application window.

What makes an application window ? is not it the first window ? any first document window?

or is it created in a specific way and has specific characterestics ?

2- i can minimize , resize and maximize a dialog window , i tested it .

thanks

• 3. Re: Diff between Dialog and Document windows ?
              Soofi

Hi,

Application window is the default parent windows of an application.

All other windows in the application are either document windows or dialog windows.

The application window is created by the window manager at runtime, and does not appear in a form's List of windows.

Regards,

Soofi

• 4. Re: Diff between Dialog and Document windows ?
                salute-Salem

i am sorry , i do not get it ,

- when i create new form by clicking on the create button of the navigator , i get a form , then click f2 , so i get a canvas and a window (is this the application window you mean?)

The application window is created by the window manager at runtime,

what is "window manager" ? and how is it created at runtime if i see it in the navigator before running the form ?

• 5. Re: Diff between Dialog and Document windows ?
                  Soofi

The default window you get by hitting F2...

then click f2 , so i get a canvas and a window (is this the application window you mean?)

Is your application window and you can add your Document or Dialog windows over this default parent window.