12 Replies Latest reply: May 5, 2014 7:04 AM by Jaykishan-Oracle RSS

Issue in Sites - Contributor tab no content on left side frame

Jaykishan-Oracle

Hi,

I have installed webcenter site 11.1.1.8.0 on windows 7 64x machine. Everything is installed successfully with AviSports sample application.

However in admin console, contribution tab I am not able to see any content on left side frame which generally displays components. Admin tab perfectly displays content in left side frame.

Does anyone have any idea on this? Please help.

• 1. Re: Issue in Sites - Contributor tab no content on left side frame
          Enrique Varas

Hi Jaykisha,

Have a look at this thread I post a couple of weeks ago. This will fix it.

Windows 8.1 IE11 JRE 7u45 not recognized in Contributor UI

Kind regards,

Enrique

• 2. Re: Issue in Sites - Contributor tab no content on left side frame
            Jaykishan-Oracle

Hi Enrique,

I have changed the java security settings to medium, cleared cache of firefox browser. However still getting the same error.

Do I need to clear tmp folders or anythings else also?

• 3. Re: Issue in Sites - Contributor tab no content on left side frame
              Enrique Varas

That case I guess your problem comes from the left frame of the admin interface, sorry if understood the contributor interface.

What I did to solve that issue was to update my java. I believe that I have the last version, 7 Update 55, and afterwards everything worked, not sure exactly why.

Regards,

Enrique

• 4. Re: Issue in Sites - Contributor tab no content on left side frame
                Jaykishan-Oracle

Hi Enrique,

My problem is on Contributor interface only. Admin interface is working correctly. I can see below logs in AdminServer.log on admin server of weblogic where my sites are hosted. There were diff versions of commons-log jar in cas and cs. I am loding 1.4 jar from cs project's WEB-INF/lib in PRE_CLASSPATH.

Logs..

####<May 2, 2014 3:26:22 PM IST> <Info> <ServletContext-/cs> <JAPARIKH-IN> <AdminServer> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '0' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<anonymous>> <> <> <1399024582113> <BEA-000000> <TreeAction.jsp:73:35: The method join(Iterator, String) in the type StringUtils is not applicable for the arguments (List<String>, String)

treeData.put("tabs", StringUtils.join(filteredTabs, ","));

^-^

TreeAction.jsp:77:42: The method join(Iterator, String) in the type StringUtils is not applicable for the arguments (List<String>, String)

treeData.put("excludetabs", StringUtils.join(excludedTabs, ","));

^-^

>

####<May 2, 2014 3:26:23 PM IST> <Info> <ServletContext-/cs> <JAPARIKH-IN> <AdminServer> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '0' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<anonymous>> <> <> <1399024583461> <BEA-000000> <TreeAction.jsp:73:35: The method join(Iterator, String) in the type StringUtils is not applicable for the arguments (List<String>, String)

^-^

TreeAction.jsp:77:42: The method join(Iterator, String) in the type StringUtils is not applicable for the arguments (List<String>, String)

^-^

>

####<May 2, 2014 3:26:24 PM IST> <Info> <ServletContext-/cs> <JAPARIKH-IN> <AdminServer> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '0' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<anonymous>> <> <> <1399024584790> <BEA-000000> <TreeAction.jsp:73:35: The method join(Iterator, String) in the type StringUtils is not applicable for the arguments (List<String>, String)

^-^

^-^

>

####<May 2, 2014 3:28:30 PM IST> <Info> <Health> <JAPARIKH-IN> <AdminServer> <weblogic.GCMonitor> <<anonymous>> <> <> <1399024710515> <BEA-310002> <24% of the total memory in the server is free>

####<May 2, 2014 3:29:30 PM IST> <Info> <Health> <JAPARIKH-IN> <AdminServer> <weblogic.GCMonitor> <<anonymous>> <> <> <1399024770523> <BEA-310002> <42% of the total memory in the server is free>

• 5. Re: Issue in Sites - Contributor tab no content on left side frame
                  Enrique Varas

Then only thing I can think is that your Java deployment kit and Java platform SE plugins are being blocked at the moment you are displaying your site. Make sure your are not doing it.

Cheers

• 6. Re: Issue in Sites - Contributor tab no content on left side frame
                    Jaykishan-Oracle

Hi,

You are right. Firefox browser had kept Java Deployment Toolkit disabled. I downloaded the latest firefox and java update but still getting the same issue.

Plugin update status page has below details

Outdated Plugins

PluginStatusAction
                    Java Deployment Toolkit 7.0.550.14NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) DeployvulnerableUpdate Now
                    Java(TM) Platform SE 7 U55Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.55.2 for Mozilla browsersvulnerableUpdate Now

Additionally this is the message I found on firefox plugin status check.

We are aware of a problem detecting current versions of the Java plugin and misreporting them as vulnerable. We’re working to correct this error. In the meantime, you can visit the Java website to download the latest version.

Any other alternative or workround so that I can have contributor console working? Any browser or anything..

• 7. Re: Issue in Sites - Contributor tab no content on left side frame
                      Enrique Varas

Again check your Java security settings after the update, set them to High (minimum recommended) and mark the check-box at the top "Enable Java content in the browser". Clean your cache and close the browser. I have that configuration running on my Firefox and works fine. Otherwise I cannot help any more.

Kind regards,

Enrique

• 8. Re: Issue in Sites - Contributor tab no content on left side frame
                        Jaykishan-Oracle

Hi Enrique,

I tried all you said, but don't know what went wrong. Still could not resolve the issue. Thanks for your useful help.

Thanks a lot,

Jaykishan

• 9. Re: Issue in Sites - Contributor tab no content on left side frame
                          Jaykishan-Oracle

Enrique,

One quick help !!

I can see admin and contributor both for fwadmin user for admin site. Is there anything related to user roles with this?

Any specific user role required?

• 10. Re: Issue in Sites - Contributor tab no content on left side frame
                            Enrique Varas

Hello again,

Have you tried this issue on Chrome? If you are having the same problem on Chrome as well but not on Explorer that is due to the issue that Oracle has had with sites releases.

If you are installing the product, apply the last patch, I think they released the number 5 already, and it fixes it. Otherwise when using a JSK I can only upload these 2 files for you, then replace them for the ones you have in the following paths (you can also do it if you have the product installed). Their path is in the content server of your web application server (..webserver/webapps/cs/js/dojo/FILES).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72472564/dojo.js

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72472564/dojo.xd.js

I hope this helps,

Regards

• 11. Re: Issue in Sites - Contributor tab no content on left side frame
                              Enrique Varas

In order to fix issues related with permissions have a look at this thread I solved already:

Unable to access FirstSiteII

Cheers

• 12. Re: Issue in Sites - Contributor tab no content on left side frame
                                Jaykishan-Oracle

Hi Enrique,

I have found the solution. I was setting PRE_CLASSPATH to load commons jar after if condition iN setDomainEnv.cmd.

However once set at below location, i start working. Seems to have a issue of when this jar is loaded. It must be loaded very initially.

set PRE_CLASSPATH=D:\Oracle\sites_app\cas\WEB-INF\lib\commons-lang-2.4.jar

if NOT "%EXT_PRE_CLASSPATH%"=="" (

Thanks for the help !!