4 Replies Latest reply: May 1, 2014 3:31 AM by Mike-Matthews-Oracle RSS

Address Verification

user573558

Dear All,

I've been searching for examples about how to use the Address Verification in the Oracle Enterprise Data Quality.

There is a few examples about using the Address Verification Option, and none of them fit with the problem that I've trying to solve.

I have a Client Table which have all the Address in the same field: country, city street, PO, all in the same field and there is no order sometimes you'll find the city first then the country sometimes is all backwards first the street and then the country.......

What I Want to Know is If I use this Address Verification in the Oracle Enterprise Data Quality Could I Split the info from my Address Field into their corresponding fields: for example I'm having this

Address
      65 Taylor Street Gorton Manchester M16 UNITED Kingdom
      Birmingham B32TA 169 Edmund Street Livery House

And I Want it in this way

Address1Address2Address3PostCodeCountry
      65 Taylor Street, GortonManchester M16United Kingdom
      Livery House, 169 Edmund StreetBirminghamB3 2TAUnited Kingdom

Could I do this with the Address Verification Option

Regards,

• 1. Re: Address Verification
          Mike-Matthews-Oracle

Hi,

Largely your problem is an address parsing problem rather than an address verification problem. For this you need to get to grips with the EDQ Parse processor, a very powerful tool for restructuring data.

You will also find in the EDQ distribution an Extensions folder that contains the Customer Data Extension Pack. In this pack, in 'processors', there is a a 'GB Address Parser' which should provide you with a useful starting point for parsing UK addresses.

With all that said, EDQ Address Verification will parse, standardize and enhance addresses, so it offers a useful tool in achieving this. A good approach is to use EDQ Address Verification, and consider using a custom parse process to restructure addresses that do not validate. This will also give a good picture of address quality. It may be that >90% of addresses can be parsed and standardized in a single step.

Regards,

Mike

• 2. Re: Address Verification
            user573558

Dear Mike,

Thanks for your reply, I like to clarify that the Addresses that I Have wrote were an example, I Have address in my Database from all around the world

Regards,

Carlos

• 3. Re: Address Verification
              user573558

Dear Mike,

Thanks for your reply, I like to clarify that the Addresses that I Have wrote were an example, I Have address in my Database from all around the world

Regards,

Carlos

• 4. Re: Address Verification
                Mike-Matthews-Oracle

In that case, I would start by using the standard address cleaning service that is shipped in the customer data services pack. This will correct and standardize addresses using out of the box rules - it requires EDQ Address Verification and data for the countries in question to work, but is by far the quickest approach to solving the problem.

You will need to understand how to use data interfaces in EDQ in order to hook in batch data into the service and check results.

Otherwise, if you need to parse addresses by country, this requires a reasonable amount of expertise/experience of using Parse.

Regards,

Mike