Trev

JHeadstart version: Release 11.1.1.5.27

JDeveloper version: Studio Edition Version 11.1.1.7.0

Scenario

I am attempting to build an application using ADF libraries as below:

Common Code - Framework extension classes

CommonUI - LOV's Skins, etc..

Common Model - ADFBC all Entity Objects

Multiple Subsytems ("helper" View Controller projects)

Main View Controller Project

I have created libraries as per the FMW guide and have imported them correctly into the relevant Model and View Controller projects.  In JDeveloper I can see the libraries OK and am able to build my screens without any issues using JHeadstart.  All subsystems run independently, i.e. I used the JAG to create my application and can run the subsystems stand-alone.  The problem comes in the Main view controller project.  I have imported all libraries into the Main view controller project successfully and can see all the data controls from the libraries in the Application Navigator in JDeveloper.  As per the JHeadstart user guide I imported the NLS Bundles per library and have modified the JHeadstartApplicationDefinition.xml file to include my libraries (all paths and names are 100% correct).  Now when I run the JAG it removes all the ServiceDefinitionRef's I added for my libraries.  When I run the application is hangs and JDeveloper reports the following error:

"oracle.jbo.JboException: JBO-29000: Unexpected exception caught: oracle.jbo.ConfigException, msg=JBO-33005: Configuration DgmUC003ServiceLocal is not found."

"Caused By: oracle.jbo.ConfigException: JBO-29114 ADFContext is not setup to process messages for this exception. Use the exception stack trace and error code to investigate the root cause of this exception. Root cause error code is JBO-33005. Error message parameters are {0=DgmUC003ServiceLocal}"

DgmUC003ServiceLocal is one of my libraries.

Can anyone help.

I have tried many things to resolve this issue, but cannot find an answer. 

Interestingly I did on one occasion manage to get it to recognise one library (I removed all subsystem libraries apart from one) and it did work.  When using the JAG it did not overwrite my amendment to the JHeadstartApplicationDefinition.xml file however when I added one more library it again overwrote my amendment and gave the error above for the new library.

This was the JHeadstartApplicationDefinition.xml file before running the JAG:

<ServiceDefinitionRef location="MasterServiceServiceDefinition.xml" name="MasterService"/>

<ServiceDefinitionRef imported="true" name="UC003Service" location="../../../DgmUC003/UC003View/properties/DgmUC003ServiceServiceDefinition.xml"/>

<ServiceDefinitionRef imported="true" name="sdService" location="../../../sd/sdView/properties/sdServiceServiceDefinition.xml"/>   

This is what it was after running the JAG:

<ServiceDefinitionRef location="MasterServiceServiceDefinition.xml" name="MasterService"/>

<ServiceDefinitionRef imported="true" name="UC003Service" location="../../../DgmUC003/UC003View/properties/DgmUC003ServiceServiceDefinition.xml"/>

It removed the 2nd library entry?!?!?!,  would not run and gave the following error:

"oracle.jbo.JboException: JBO-29000: Unexpected exception caught: oracle.jbo.ConfigException, msg=JBO-33005: Configuration sdServiceLocal is not found."

This is very frustrating, I have followed all the instructions to the letter.  I would not expect a very basic thing like this to not work.  Any help, pointers greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance Trevor.

• 1. Re: Problem with ADF library usage
          Evert-Jan

Hi Trevor,

I didn't investigate precisely what you mean with all the library problems, but the JBO-29000 error is referring to a missing sdServiceLocal application module configuration. In other words, you probably have an sdServe application module, which under the 'configurations' tab should have a 'sdServiceLocal' configuration that identifies the DB connection and other properties. That is missing.

It may be that that was deleted or renamed, or that the sdServiceLocal is just an invalid reference. In case of invalid reference, do a search-in-all-files.

Hope this helps

EJ

• 2. Re: Problem with ADF library usage
            Trev

Hi EJ,

many thanks for replying.  I have checked under the configuration tab of my library and the sdServiceLocal is there as the Business Component Configuration Name.  I also created another test application, packaged it up as a library, imported it into my main view controller project and I get the same error message for my test library. It does look as if JHeadstart, for some reason, cannot see this configuration name. I will create another test app (very slowly, carefully and methodically) to see if that will work, but I cannot see that there anything I am doing wrong. 

Has anyone else had this problem?  I'm sure it is something very simple and trivial. Is anyone else using libraries like this in JHeadstart?

I'll keep the forum posted if I find a solution.

Trevor.

• 3. Re: Problem with ADF library usage
              Paul W Smith II

Any luck solving this issue? I am getting the same error when deploying an adf library within my OIM environment.

• 4. Re: Problem with ADF library usage
                Trev

Hi Paul,

apologies for not updating this thread earlier.

The good news is that it has been resolved, the issue seems to be with JDeveloper and not JHeadstart (or maybe just a combination of the two).  This is what I have to do:

1. Make changes to the JHeadstartApplicationDefinition.xml file
                2. Rebuild/compile the project (in JDeveloper i.e. Alt-F9)
                3. Do a 'Save All'  (belt and braces, probably not necessary as rebuilding does a save)
                4. Exit JDeveloper (close it down, File -> Exit)
                5. Restart JDeveloper
                6. Run the JAG (the new library names entered in step 1 are NOT overwritten)

This workflow has been working 100% without fail, I'm not sure what closing down JDeveloper does but it works. 

I also now always close down JDeveloper after importing new libraries into my main view controller project as I think this is also an issue, possibly all related.

I hope this works for you.

Trevor