1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply: May 7, 2014 12:24 AM by Tom Petrus Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: Tabular form This form contains unsaved changes message
        TexasApexDeveloper

Tom,

Not really ganging up, more just being uncoordinated in our approach to solving the problem ('nuff said..)..

In checking the form in question when opening up the region editor, APEX thinks that this is a tabular form (SQL Query (updateable report))..

Re: comparing items, I will pass this along to my office-mate, he is finishing up Advance APEX training today [from an instructor who doesn't know APEX that well, doesn't believe its ready for production application usage from what I was told..)

I just opened up the page in question, and the apex.tabular object does NOT have a gTabForm Data object associated with it..

But under the apex.widget.tabular there is an object called gTabFormData, with every element filled with either what I believe to be an MD5 calc for values and next row is always a U.. (Wish I could send you images, this friggin &^%%)*& forum software will NOT allow images to be uploaded..)

Thank you,

Tony Miller
        Ruckersville, VA

• 16. Re: Tabular form This form contains unsaved changes message
          Tom Petrus

Tony,

Yes, it's apex.widget.tabular, sorry   It will hold md5 values. It's just an array which has been filled with the value of each item which will submit to the server. It starts with the topleft item and ends with the bottom right item, so to speak. That's what is being kept, and the loop over each item upon checking just goes through each item iteratively and checks it with the value in the array.

• 17. Re: Tabular form This form contains unsaved changes message
            TexasApexDeveloper

And I take it the U that occurs in every EVEN number element is to mean that the item was unmodified?  Strange, since we look at the array after modifying a value on the page and all of the EVEN elements seem to remain U.....

Thank you,

Tony Miller
            Ruckersville, VA

• 18. Re: Tabular form This form contains unsaved changes message
              Tom Petrus

The U you see is part of the "FCUD" array. As far as I'm able to discern it works a bit like this: C - changed, U - update, D - delete. Existing rows will always be U. A new row starts out with D but changes to C after changing one of the values on the row. Nothing sets out with D, but it might be if eg a validition fails (but didn't try). It always only holds one these values. If you see others pop up then something is wrong in the reset of the data.

Anyway, both the FCUD and FCS arrays shouldn't really concern you. The FCUD is likely used to determine what has to happen in the MRU/MRD process and FCS is for lost update detection. If you are using collections and not the MRU/MRD processes it doesn't even matter, and even if you are, it still doesn't.

• 19. Re: Tabular form This form contains unsaved changes message
                TexasApexDeveloper

Tom,

I am away from my office desk, but will have a few more questions on Monday if that is okay.. I am also starting a new thread in regards to validation and tabular forms with collections, since it seems when I use the built in validation with a tabular form built withe collection, it is hit or miss (more miss, blows away the tabular form with an un-handled exception)..

Thanks again for the help so far, since tabular forms are one of the things I have shied away from in my time with APEX..

5 out of 4 people don't understand fractions.

Thank you,

Tony Miller
                Ruckersville, VA

• 20. Re: Tabular form This form contains unsaved changes message
                  TexasApexDeveloper

Tom,

Sorry for the delay, just been one of those months (I know is just the first week of May... )  So if I could ask you, what would you suggest for getting rid of this message?  I just want to be able to let s users paginate in the hybrid tabular form, with data being pulled from a collection and saving to their underlying table when they click their standard Save/Save_Exit form buttons...

The posted solution from Harryf does NOT work in the one case wie have, it never sees the array to update with a '0'

Thank you,

Tony Miller
                  Ruckersville, VA

• 21. Re: Tabular form This form contains unsaved changes message
                    Tom Petrus

Tony,

Can you try with running this code prior to paginating?

apex.widget.tabular.gTabFormData = [];
                    $.each( $x_FormItems( $x( apex.widget.tabular.gTabFormReportID ) ), function(){
                      apex.widget.tabular.gTabFormData.push($(this).val());
                    })

This code will just blank out the array apex uses, and then fills it up with the current values. So, no changes at all should be detected.

If by '0' you mean x01, and you don't have it, that means you have pagination which does not generate a select list. The exception in Harry's code will set '0' instead of 'current'.

1 2 Previous Next