1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply: Jun 5, 2014 9:54 AM by brian_williams RSS

how to deploy agent AIX-IBM by cloud control 12c ?

CHAM Yassine

Hi

i'm install cloud EM 12c in host ORACLE Linux Ent 5.6

but i want deploy agent The database 10g already implemented

in Server AIX IBM Power System (64bits) for monitoring

& Thanks

• 1. Re: how to deploy agent AIX-IBM by cloud control 12c ?
          mnazim-Oracle

All you need is  get aix agent software from self update and push the agent on aix machines

Here we go

•   From the Setup menu, select Extensibility, then select Self Update.
          •   For Type, select Agent Software, then select Open from the Actions menu. The Agent Software Updates page appears to show the Management Agent software available for different platforms.
          •   Select an update from the list of available updates. All entries other than the one that matches the platform of the OMS host should show their status as Available.
          •   Click Download. The Schedule Download dialog opens.
          •   Select when to download the update. The following options are available:
            • Immediately

•   Later (specified time)
            •   Whether or not to send a notification when the download is complete
          •   Click Select. An Enterprise Manager job is created to download the Management Agent software to Software Library.

Enterprise Manager starts downloading the archive from the Oracle Enterprise Manager store. Wait for the download to complete (when in offline mode, the system starts reading from the specified location).

When the download is complete, Enterprise Manager displays the Confirmation page.

•   Once the download is complete, select the Management Agent, then click Apply. This step will stage the Management Agent software in Software Library and make it available to the Add Host Targets wizard, which you will use to install Management Agents on hosts.
          • From the Setup menu, select Add Target, then select Add Targets Manually. On the Add Targets Manually page, select Add Host Targets and click Add Host

choose IBM on AIX from platform down, provbide value and push agent

You can refer the below doc

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24628_01/install.121/e22624/install_agent.htm#CHDDBBJH

• 2. Re: how to deploy agent AIX-IBM by cloud control 12c ?
            CHAM Yassine

Thank you for the answer

but when I click on update self not software available agent
            knowing that I have an account My Oracle Support
            but it does not connection .

the message that displays
            "Unable to Complete network operation against My Oracle Support. Please check network connectivity to Oracle Support Site."

• 3. Re: how to deploy agent AIX-IBM by cloud control 12c ?
              mnazim-Oracle

Please check  have you setup the valid MOS credential in Could EM12c url if not then set it and check.

setup -My Oracle Support -set credential

• 4. Re: how to deploy agent AIX-IBM by cloud control 12c ?
                CHAM Yassine

yes I have already tried this last weekend
                but no new
                here is the message that appears when I add a new credential named
                "
                ERROR: NMO - setuid root on undefined (Unix only) "

• 5. Re: how to deploy agent AIX-IBM by cloud control 12c ?
                  mnazim-Oracle

I was asking to setup you oracle support credential and this is different you are getting this because root.sh has n't run from Agent  OH of target node

• 6. Re: how to deploy agent AIX-IBM by cloud control 12c ?
                    K B Sumesh -Oracle

NMO- Error is due to on Agent host, root.sh script is not run. Login as root user and execute root.sh from Agent home.

• 7. Re: how to deploy agent AIX-IBM by cloud control 12c ?
                      CHAM Yassine

hello

I still have the problem of agent deployment on IBM_AIX 64bit

I downloaded the plugin I apply with patch
                      IBM_AIX and Power system becomes available
                      but when I deployed the agent
                      he playing me the error during initialization

erreur Remote Validations

Installation base directory checks failedInstallation base directory "/u01/app/oracle/AMP" does not exist and the application was unable to create it.Ensure that the install user "oracle" has privileges to create the installation base directory.
                      • 8. Re: how to deploy agent AIX-IBM by cloud control 12c ?
                        Loc Nhan -Oracle

Hi,

Make sure that the OS user whose credentials is specified for the agent deployment has write permission to the parent directory of the installation base directory. For example, the "oracle" user must have write permission to the /u01/app/oracle directory.

Regards,

- Loc

• 9. Re: how to deploy agent AIX-IBM by cloud control 12c ?
                          K B Sumesh -Oracle

Hi,

When you are providing the Agent base directory in Agent Push, make sure that you have read/ write permission for the user "oracle"  on "/u01/app" directory and re-try the deployment.

Regards,

Sumesh.

• 10. Re: how to deploy agent AIX-IBM by cloud control 12c ?
                            CHAM Yassine

thank you for the observation

but I have the user "oracle" and the directory 'u01/app/oracle/AMP' on the linux Enterprise machine that is cloud 12
                            is what I do the same thing and the user "oracle" directory 'u01/app/oracle/AMP' on IBM AIX server?
                            and thank you

• 11. Re: how to deploy agent AIX-IBM by cloud control 12c ?
                              K B Sumesh -Oracle

-Can you please check as "oracle" user whether you are able to create a test directory in /u01/app/oracle/AMP on IBM AIX server.

• 12. Re: how to deploy agent AIX-IBM by cloud control 12c ?
                                CHAM Yassine

yes
                                he knows the IBM server and directory
                                but the deployment to stop the party installation & configuration
                                the error message
                                "Serve agent configuration failed: connection details Provided as OMS_HOST and EM_UPLOAD_PORT is not active"

• 13. Re: how to deploy agent AIX-IBM by cloud control 12c ?
                                  K B Sumesh -Oracle

-From the error it looks like, OMS has gone down during install and config phase. Can you please check whether OMS is up, by executing emctl status oms from $OMS_HOME/bin directory and also make sure that their is no network issue from the Agent host to OMS host.

• 14. Re: how to deploy agent AIX-IBM by cloud control 12c ?
                                    CHAM Yassine

yes I verified OMS is started
                                    the connection between machines LINUX Enterprise  (OMS ) & AIX 6.1 ( OMA ) are communicated
                                    by ping
                                    I used two methods
                                    Graphic console and agent 12 Silent install
                                    but I know why displays this message :
                                    Connection details Provided as OMS_HOST and EM_UPLOAD_PORT is not active

with the Log

number of references are aggrgate : param = 2 : AGENT_INSTANCE_HOME
                                    Checking if the parameter is present in agg : oracle.sysman.top.agent
                                    Setting the paramter in the agg : oracle.sysman.top.agent
                                    Checking if the parameter is present in agg : OuiConfigVariables
                                    Aggregate not specified in response file
                                    Total number of references are aggrgate : param = 2 : b_startAgent
                                    Total number of references are aggrgate : param = 2 : OMS_HOST
                                    Total number of references are aggrgate : param = 2 : AGENT_PORT
                                    Total number of references are aggrgate : param = 2 : ORACLE_HOSTNAME
                                    Setting the paramter in the agg : OuiConfigVariables
                                    # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #
                                    The Action configuration is performing
                                    -------------------------------------------------- ----
                                    The plug-in Agent Configuration Assistant is running

AgentConfiguration : agent configuration has been started
                                    Validating OMS_HOST and EM_UPLOAD_PORT
                                    AgentConfiguration : agent configuration finished with status = false

The plug-in Agent Configuration Assistant Has Failed icts perform method
                                    -------------------------------------------------- ----
                                    Action The configuration has failed icts perform method

1 2 Previous Next