I can see it's supported on 2008:
Oracle Database for 32-bit Windows is supported on the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2003 - all editions
- Windows Server 2003 R2 - all editions
- Windows XP Professional
- Windows Vista - Business, Enterprise, and Ultimate editions
- Windows Server 2008 - Standard, Enterprise, Datacenter, Web, and Foundation editions.
- Windows 7 - Professional, Enterprise, and Ultimate editions
- Windows 8 - Pro and Enterprise editions
- Windows 8.1 - Pro and Enterprise edition
Are you installing at virtual environment?
./runInstaller -executePrereqs -silent -responseFile <responsefile>.rsp
The response file is required but the file provided with the software (<stage>/database/response/db_install.rsp) is enough to check the requirements.
What is the exact error? Does it disappear or crashes? Also, if installation is not getting started then how was it ascertained that all pre-requisites are met?
Please share details