3 Replies Latest reply: May 18, 2014 11:30 AM by SreekumarHariharan RSS

Essbase client installation on FDM Application server

Sunny_Aarie

Hi Everyone,

I have Win 2008 Ent SP2 64 bit FDM App server and I just read: its a prerequisite that the Essbase 32bit Runtime Client is installed on the FDM Application Server in order to integrate target adapter for Essbase with FDM.

Please can somebody let me know:

1.What are the executable files which I need to download and install and from where i can get them?

2.At which path on my FDM app server I need to put and install Essbase client executables?

3.Do i need to modify system variable and reboot the server to put Essbase client into effect after installation ?

4.I have 11.1.2.1.000 FDM version. Is it compulsory to install the same version of Essbase client ?

Thanks for your help...

----Sunny

• 1. Re: Essbase client installation on FDM Application server
          Dattatray

hi

what is the database you are using, oracle database or SQL server?

if you are using oracle database , then make sure to modify environment variable by putting  Oracle 32 bit Client Path to the beginning of the variable value (ex : C:\Oracle\Middleware\dbclient32\BIN)

After making changes to environment variable you need to reboot server

Also EPM 121 components is not available now on oracle edelivey site, you will need to raise SR for it

for EPM 11.1.2.1, please check the adapter readme for appropriate path settings

Hyperion Essbase Adaper Readme

(mark this post as helpful or correct if it helps you !)

regards,

-DM

• 2. Re: Essbase client installation on FDM Application server
            KKT

-Ensure that the Essbase 32bit Runtime Client is installed on the FDM Application Server. FDM is a 32bit product and so the 32bit Runtime client is required even on a 64bit Operating System

-Check that the Essbase pathing variables are set up correctly. These are different for 32bit and 64bit machines. Both options are shown in the steps below.

1. From My Computer, right-click and select Properties. The System Properties dialog box is displayed.
            2. Select the Advanced tab.
            3. Click Environment Variables. The Environment Variables screen is displayed.

If this is a maintenance installation then there might still be User Variables called ESSBASEPATH and ARBORPATH- these can be deleted.

4. In the System Variables Portion of the window (bottom).
            5. Select the variable name "ESSBASEPATH" and click Edit. If this variable doesn't exist then create it by selecting the New button.
            6. In the Variable Value field enter the path <EPM_Oracle_Home>\common\EssbaseRTC\11.1.2.0 and click OK e.g.
            Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\common\EssbaseRTC\11.1.2.0
            7. Select the variable name 'Path' and click Edit
            8. At the start of the path add the following value depending on the operating system
            On 32bit systems
            %ESSBASEPATH%\bin
            On 64bit system
            <EPM_Oracle_Home>\bin-32;%ESSBASEPATH%\bin;<EPM_Oracle_Home>\Products\Essbase\EssbaseClient-32\bin

• 3. Re: Essbase client installation on FDM Application server
              SreekumarHariharan

Hello,

Go through the url which contains all the informations

&amp;lt;hyperion readme template&amp;gt;

You need to install 32 bit oracle client on your Win 2008 Ent SP2 64 box ( if you are using oracle as your db)

Register the adapters in workbench client or in workbench web

Before i would like to ask you whether have you created an FDM application first?

Thanks,

Sreekumar Hariharan