Can you share what exactly integration you wanted. You wanted navigation or displaying content from each side?
Currently doesn't exists an OOTB integration between Portal and Sites (just the Sites - Content Connector).
There are two current integrations:
- Using WebCenter Pagelet Producer to render iframes in Portal of specific parts of Sites. From my personal view I don't like this way.
- Consuming the required services of Sites from Portal via REST Service. From my point of view is the best approach.
Anyway, as vinay said it depends what do you want to do with Portal-Sites integration.
i also didnt like webcenter pagelet producer.It just like an portlet or some part of page u can display in ur page...No use.
Site connector is used for integrating with webcenter content.
Daniel and Vinay for your inputs.
Basically the requirement is to use webcenter sites for UI which contains the static data and for the some pages in which we need to render dynamic contents using remote webservices we are going with webcenter portal by using wrapper services.
Now when the user request first goes to sites where he see home page with menu developed in sites and then when he clicks on Login he will be redirected to Portal for authentication and once logs in he will provided with many features like shopping/payment/etc which will be handled in portal side.
For such scenario what is the best approach to integrate these two(sites and portal) and how the session can be maintained on both the sides in both non-cluster/cluster environment.
Is just as you said, Sites to expose the website when clicking Login goes to Portal and do the transactional job.
Basically my approach is:
- Have same look & feel in Sites/Portal.
- OAM SSO is recommended, but not required (just if you want to share the session between Sites/Portal)
- Take care between navigations Portal-Sites (_adf.ctrl-state parameter).
- If you want to render Sites (navigation for example) then consume the REST API.
I hope this information helps.
Thanks alot for the information provided.
Is it possible to share any sample code if you have for mantaining the Portal-Sites(_adf_ctrl-state param)?.
You can follow a strategy about storing the parameter value in a Cookie.
In case of rendering a link to a Portal Page in WebCenter Sites (with the user already logged and with the cookie written) then add the parameter to the URL .
Did you found a solution for this ?
My requirement is similar to this only : I have a webcenter portal application (containing different taskflows). Now I don't want to redo all the work and incorporate the same taskflows(screens) in webcenter sites.
Any solution ?
If you want to expose your Task Flows in WebCenter Sites you have to use WebCenter Pagelet producer to generate iframing of them and then use it into WebCenter Sites.
From my point of view I can't understand why some customers tries to expose Transactional Portals through Sites .
I hope this helps.
We have found a approach of integrating between portal and sites
1) Since we are using remote webservices so we are creating wrapper and then using the same as a webservice data control/taskflow in portal UI.
2) Integrating between portal and sites we are using adf_state which will maintain the state between portal and sites.
And in some cases where we need to retrieve the contents from the sites and display on portal in that scenario we are planning to use JSON.
Can you share your implementaytion about adf_state. it will be good for others in future