3 Replies Latest reply: May 20, 2014 12:13 AM by VJ4 RSS

Load sql plan from node2 executing DBMS_SPM.LOAD_PLANS_FROM_CURSOR_CACHE from node1

VJ4

Hi All,

I am using DB : 11.2.0.3 OS : Linux x86 RAC : 8 nodes.

I am trying to build a script which will find the suitable plan in CURSOR CACHE and load it. As per the normal steps performed in RAC environment, we check respective plans(plan_hash_value) and in which instance it belongs. Then we login into that instance and execute :-

exec :cnt:=dbms_spm.load_plans_from_cursor_cache(

sql_id => 'djkqjd0kvgmb5',

plan_hash_value => 3074207202, 

sql_handle => 'SYS_SQL_bf5c9b08f72bde3e‘);

I wanted to know is their any such technique that being on one instance I can load plan from other instance's also ?

If in RAC we can kill sessions at different instances like "ALTER SYSTEM KILL SESSION '<SID>,<SERIAL#>,@<INST_ID>' IMMEDIATE;' then can someone guide me how this command works and will the logic help me to load plan from different instances.

Let me know if I query in not clear.

Thanks in advance.

• 2. Re: Load sql plan from node2 executing DBMS_SPM.LOAD_PLANS_FROM_CURSOR_CACHE from node1
          J.A.

Hi

Check the sql ID from all instances:

select

sql_text,

sql_id

from 

GV$SQL

where

sql_text like '%employee%';

--Load the sql_id into the SQL Basesile

declare

v_sql_plan_id  pls_integer;

begin

v_sql_plan_id := dbms_spm.load_plans_from_cursor_cache(

sql_id => '0gh1gn1mv7u0u');

end;

/

--Check if the plan is being used and is accepted

select

sql_handle,

plan_name,

enabled,

accepted,

fixed

from 

dba_sql_plan_baselines

where

sql_text like '%employee%';

I hope this help you

Regards

• 3. Re: Load sql plan from node2 executing DBMS_SPM.LOAD_PLANS_FROM_CURSOR_CACHE from node1
            VJ4

Hi J.A. ,

Thank you for your reply.

GV$SQL - I will see the sqlid and the plan_hash_value for which it is giving best results. If I am executing this query on instance 1 and for ex: - I find that sql_id='abc1234' plan_hash_value='1234567' and inst_id='4' are performing best for my query I need to load the plan(plan_hash_value)  from the cursor cache(of instance 4). The method to load the plan is :- dbms_spm.load_plans_from_cursor_cache();.  To load the plan from instance 4 (inst_id='4') I need to execute this method from instance 4.

My query is that being on instance 1 can I execute "dbms_spm.load_plans_from_cursor_cache();"  and load plan from instance 4 or any other instance?

something like dbms_spm.load_plans_from_cursor_cache()@4;

My observation is if we can kill session on remote instances( like @<inst_id>) then their might be some mechanism to get data from different instances.