This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 23 Replies Latest reply: May 22, 2006 12:47 PM by Ton van Kooten RSS

JHeadstart 10.1.3 Workshop

Ton van Kooten Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
All,

In the week of the 24th of April we will run the first public ADF/JHeadstart 10.1.3 workshop (5 days). It will be run in the Netherlands and in English. For more information on this workshop please follow this link. http://www.oracle.com/global/nl/education/specials/sp278.html
If you like to enroll please call the number on the top of the page.
We will run this workshop with the preview release.
The one after this is scheduled in the week of the 29th of May.

If you like to have a workshop for your development team on site please sent an e-mail to idevcoe_nl@oracle.com and we will see how we can accommodate you.

Regards,
Ton van Kooten
Oracle JHeadstart Team
  • 1. Re: JHeadstart 10.1.3 Workshop
    397311 Newbie
    Dear Ton ,

Whether Jhs team will publish ADF/JHeadstart 10.1.3 preview release for download ? and the ADF/JHeadstart 10.1.3 workshop whether be archive on Oracle on line workshop ?
  • 2. Re: JHeadstart 10.1.3 Workshop
    397311 Newbie
    Sorry, I have been find preview release date will end of this month, but have any forecast production release date ?
  • 3. Re: JHeadstart 10.1.3 Workshop
    Steven Davelaar Employee ACE
    Production release is scheduled for first half of this calendar year.

Steven Davelaar,
    JHeadstart Team.
  • 4. Re: JHeadstart 10.1.3 Workshop
    253131 Newbie
    We are strongly considering using JHeadstart for a new project. It is however a project with a deadline of May 31. I would like to develop using JDeveloper 10.1.3 and JHeadstart 10.1.3, since I feel creating an application using ADF Faces is better than using UIX, from an industry standards perspective. I am trying to think about the consequences: if we will start using 10.1.2 now, what is the chance of us being able to migrate it to JHeadstart 10.1.3 and is there a good chance the production version will not be available before the end of May? Is there a huge risk if we start developing using the beta version 10.1.3? Do we need to take design issues into consideration if we want to enlarge the chance of a successful migration to 10.1.3 if we start using 10.1.2? I can image that the less customization and post generation we use the more easy a transition is done.

Greetings,

Toine
  • 5. Re: JHeadstart 10.1.3 Workshop
    88880 Newbie
    Hi Ton,

we followed the Jheadstart workshop in january with adf-uix. It would be nice to attend a upgrade course for just adf faces with jheadstart.

Do you plan such a workshop in the future?

Regards

Erik
  • 6. Re: JHeadstart 10.1.3 Workshop
    397311 Newbie
    We have the same issue like Toine consideration, we expect and prefer adopt JSF technology but we need kick-off a new project now and the project deadline schedule is about one year which Jhs relese choice is better for us in this timing ?
    Could Jheadstart team give us a suggestion or advice ?
  • 7. Re: JHeadstart 10.1.3 Workshop
    Ton van Kooten Newbie
    Erik,

Since View and Contoller technology have changed and we have made significant changes to JHeadstart as well most of the course will be quite new. Only half a day of ADF Business Components will stay the same. Therefor we didnot plan for a specal upgrade course.

Regards,
    Ton van Kooten
    Oracle JHeadstart
  • 8. Re: JHeadstart 10.1.3 Workshop
    Ton van Kooten Newbie
    Devon,

If you need to start now and deliver next year youhow two options:

You can start with 10.1.2 now and generate as much as possible and customize as little as possible. After 10.1.3is available you should be able to migrate your application to JSF 10.1.3 quite easily by just generating again.

Of course an other option is start using the preview release that we plan to release this month. Since the meta data between preview and production will not change you would be able to generate again when production comes out. You will probably get some problems with the preview release on the other hand you will be getting used to JSF immediately.

Regards,
    Ton van Kooten
    Oracle JHeadstart Team
  • 9. Re: JHeadstart 10.1.3 Workshop
    Ton van Kooten Newbie
    Toine,

If you like to start with 10.1.3 JSF and have to deliver before end of May I suggest you call us and we see how we can accomodate you.

And yes your are right, starting with 10.1.2 and generating as much as possible is the best recepe for a good migration this holds true for the preview release as well.

See also my previous answer on this thread.

Regards,
    Ton van Kooten
    Oracle JHeadstart Team
  • 10. Re: JHeadstart 10.1.3 Workshop
    495005 Newbie
    Hi,

Please clarify following.....
    I am interested but i am in india ,how can i attend the workshop? is it available online? Can later we have artifects of workshop available on OTN.

Sandeep Sharma
  • 11. Re: JHeadstart 10.1.3 Workshop
    495005 Newbie
    Hi,

Please clarify following.....
    I am interested but i am in india ,how can i attend the workshop? is it available online? Can later we have artifects of workshop available on OTN?

Sandeep Sharma
  • 12. Re: JHeadstart 10.1.3 Workshop
    253131 Newbie
    Ton,

thanks for the answer. When we are ready to make some decisions, I will not hesitate to get into contact. About the ADF workshop, I am going to see whether it is possible to attend. When I look at the details of the workshop: I see that a lot of things are covered, although I cannot determine the depth and detail. For example, I see that "Several ways to add custom code to a page flow" is covered, but would like to have some examples of the kind of things we will be building. When I think about our upcoming application, some things will be important for us:
    * setting default values for items that are stored in a database table, * possibilities to use authentication information stored in OID, * automatic acting on database errors (when an error of some predefined type occurs, call a stored procedure to handle the situation instead of showing the error in the page). Some things will be possible using declarative logic, others using customization and subclassing JHeadstart class I assume.

A minor suggestion: the Dutch translation for the Special SP278 needs some adjustment, I guess: it is still targeted towards ADF in combination with Struts and UIX, instead of Java Server Faces and ADF Faces, like the English description.

Regards,

Toine
  • 13. Re: JHeadstart 10.1.3 Workshop
    Ton van Kooten Newbie
    Sandeep,

You have two options:
    - First you come to the Netherlands to join the workshop over here.
    - Or you arrange one in house and we will come over there. If this is feasible please contact idevcoe_nl@oracle.com

Regards,
    Ton van Kooten
    Oracle JHeadstart Team
  • 14. Re: JHeadstart 10.1.3 Workshop
    7376 Newbie
    Rather confusing info:

Is the dutch training about UIX and Struts???
    http://www.oracle.com/global/nl/education/specials/sp278_nl.htm

Cheers,

Joep
1 2 Previous Next