5 Replies Latest reply: May 21, 2014 7:21 AM by User415813 RSS

Operating Unit - Service Request

User415813

Hi All,

We are using the Oracle Apps Version R12.1.2, we are planning to implement the Teleservice module.

We have 2 Operating Units(OUA & OUB), we have customer accounts(not parties) in both the operating units i..e, CUSA in OUA & CUSB in OUB. We defined 2 different responsibilities and the respective MO Operating units.

The issue what we are facing is:

1. When we are trying to create the service Request form OUA, then in the customer LOV we are able to view both the customers CUSA and CUSB, however from the same responsibility using the Contact Center form we tried to check the customer LOV and only CUSA is coming in the LOV.

Can you please help me is this the intended functionality in the SR form, if yes can you please suggest some work around?

Regards,

• 1. Re: Operating Unit - Service Request
          mbologna-Oracle

Hi,

The behavior witnessed in the Service Request form (CSXSRISR.fmb) seems to be the current functionality.

An Enhancement Request has been raised in R12:

Bug 9964954 - ABLE TO CREATE AN SR IN FIELD SERVICE EVEN THOUGH THE CUSTOMER DOESNT BELONG TO 

Creating service request form, should provide a list of  customers belonging to that Organization.

Currently, a person logged in US ORG can create a service request for a Canadian Customer, for instance.

If the Organization is 'US', the Customer drop down must list only US customers, but it lists all.

That ER is linked to and will be reviewed along with another ER:

Bug 5470324 - NEED THE ABILITY TO RESTRICT THE VIEWABLE ADDRESSES BASED ON THE OU OF THE SR

In reference to the latter, there are other considerations and options for the Addresses.

For instance, Account Site is associated with an OU. However, Incident Address is populated from Party site.

The Party Site is not associated with an OU. For this we need an enhancement in Trading Community Architecture (TCA).

Additionally, there is an option in R12 to filter the Ship To and Bill To Address LOVs by Party Sites or Account Sites.

And for the behavior in the Contact Center, we may need more details and more time to review your current settings and exact functionality.

If you have further questions, feel free to raise a Service Request and we will review.

Thanks.

• 2. Re: Operating Unit - Service Request
            User415813

Thanks for the detailed response on the Query, is there any workaround in the Service Request Form to achieve the functionality like form personalization?

• 3. Re: Operating Unit - Service Request
              mbologna-Oracle

Hi,

I would say it is possible, but I don't have the details or clear instructions for that.

I'm checking internally, and I'll let you know. But if this is very critical, you may raise a SR so we can validate the options with Development and Product Management.

Thanks.

• 4. Re: Operating Unit - Service Request
                SridharDora

Hi,

HZ_PARTIES table is a generic table and does not contain any org specific data, I am not sure how you want the customer data to be striped based on the org in the SR Header, However in the SR Header Level, Customer LOV can be modified using Form Personalization so that restriction can be enabled:

In this case I joined with HZ_CUST_ACCT_SITES_ALL table, since it contains the Org Id, please review the following sample code:

Sample Code:

select     p.party_name,

p.known_as,

p.party_number,

a.account_number,

a.account_name,

p.email_address,

p.address1 || decode(p.address2,null,null,';'||p.address2) || decode(p.address3,null,null,';'||p.address3) || decode(p.address4,null,null,';'||p.address4) address,p.address1,p.address2,p.address3,p.address4,

p.city,

p.state,

p.country,

p.province,

p.postal_code,

p.party_id,

a.cust_account_id

from     hz_parties p,

hz_cust_accounts a

where     p.party_type = 'ORGANIZATION' and

p.status = 'A' and

p.party_id = a.party_id and

a.status = 'A'

and EXISTS

(SELECT 1

FROM hz_cust_acct_sites_all hcasa

WHERE hcasa.cust_account_id = a.cust_account_id

AND hcasa.org_id            = fnd_profile.value('ORG_ID')

)

order by 1

Thanks & Regards,

• 5. Re: Operating Unit - Service Request
                  User415813

Hi Sridhar,

Thanks for the query.

Regards,