5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 3, 2014 4:04 AM by Mike-Matthews-Oracle RSS

EDQ Developer Documentation

Hello, do you know where I can find good documentation for developer.

For example I have a case that I need to avoid comparing records older than two years, so I want simply have a comparison:

Date + X < today()

I don't know how to achieve it.

For Comparison in EDQ for date I have:

Date Difference

Date Edit Difference

Date too Different (solutions)

Date transposition Match

Date Exact Match

Similar Date

I need good documentation how I can use comparison methods.

• 1. Re: EDQ Developer Documentation
          Mike-Matthews-Oracle

Hi,

You need to stamp an attribute on a record that flags whether it is older than 2 years. You can then use that flag in matching if comparing records (e.g. have a NO MATCH rule using an Is Value comparison), or simply to route records down a different path in a process.

The sequence of processors needed looks like:

1. Add Current Date

2. Data Difference, configured to do a difference in whole years

3. Value Check using the result of Date Difference, passing the check if whole years <2 - the output Flag attribute gives you the Y or N.

The online help provides good documentation of each processor. Working out which processors to use for a given scenario is mostly a matter of learning as you go.

Regards,

Mike

• 2. Re: EDQ Developer Documentation

Ok but if we compare date 01.12.2013 to 01.01.2015 comparing only years we have value 2 but it is not two years between these dates.

• 3. Re: EDQ Developer Documentation
              Mike-Matthews-Oracle

Actually, that is not the way Date Difference works. It works out the exact date difference then you choose the units to return the value in. I should have said 'choosing to return Whole Years' above:

datediff.png

• 4. Re: EDQ Developer Documentation

Ok, but I have to compare Date field with Today.

Date Diff compares only the same fields my requirement is: Avoid maching with records older than 2 years from now.

I see only one solution, calculating it on siebel site and then just check in EDQ if value is greater than 2.

But I want solution that EDQ can use only date field and Today function, do you know how to do this ?

• 5. Re: EDQ Developer Documentation
                  Mike-Matthews-Oracle

Yes, it is straight forward - see the steps in my mail above. Use the Add Current Date processor to relate the date to today.