1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 102 Replies Latest reply: Dec 10, 2014 3:39 PM by jgarry Go to original post RSS
      • 60. Re: List of forum editor issues and bugs
        Dude!

This thread had 2674 views so far. Right below New forum features, again, which reached 2952 views.

It seems this is about the maximum number of views a thread in this forum can achieve. That's of course a lot more than average. Not that it actually matters, but I just found this interesting and thought this info might be worth sharing.

• 61. Re: List of forum editor issues and bugs
          Carlos Azevedo

Those figures seem too underestimated on the 64-bit and Internet era.

• 62. Re: List of forum editor issues and bugs
            Dude!

You mean there should be more views? As far as I can tell, the views counter is working correctly, because every time I read the thread, the number increments. I wonder whether forum participation or actually reaching others may rather be overestimated (but I digress).

• 63. Re: List of forum editor issues and bugs
              gleng

Proactive Performance Problem Avoidance and Proactive Diagnostic Collection

tops 35K views.

I don't see any way to sort on views.

have a good day,

GlenG

• 64. Re: List of forum editor issues and bugs
                Carlos Azevedo

Just speaking of integer counters limits not semantics.

• 65. Re: List of forum editor issues and bugs
                  Dude!

That must be on MOS because I cannot access it. I'm sure there are forums that have a lot more traffic. I have one thread (an installation guide) that has 80k and I guess there are other threads that have a lot more. But I was only speaking of views in the Feedback forum.

Sorting by number of views would be nice, at least for the threads I own. It's a good indicator where there is interest and perhaps a good reason to keep some article or information up to date.

• 66. Re: List of forum editor issues and bugs
                    gleng

Dude! wrote:

That must be on MOS because I cannot access it. ...

Correct.  I forget to check.  I picked up your recent post in my "Communications" feed.  As a rule I do not have OTN messages feed into Communications, but there are a few noteworthy threads in the OTN that I set Tracking on.

I did a little playing and see that using some of the thread navigation links (Go to original post, the page numbers are two examples) increment the "Views" counter.  I expect a multi-page thread would have somewhat of an advantage.

GlenG

• 67. Re: List of forum editor issues and bugs
                      Dude!

There is an additional column now in the initial post showing the current status after the Jive 7 upgrade.

So far I verfied and updated all the existing problems under Firefox. Other browsers still need to be tested.

I added a new problem, issue 17.

Btw, it seems the upgrade reset the size of the tables from fixed to auto. Some of the code highlighting examples are not longer showing the initial problem.

• 68. Re: List of forum editor issues and bugs
                        Aman....

Dude! moniquevdb-Oracle One more problem to be added, if possible, the user handle(s) are not visible but the account id's. It did work out the other day on it's own but since two days, it's just the account id and not the user handle.

Regards

Aman....

• 69. Re: List of forum editor issues and bugs
                          Dude!

I thought issue no. 10 was fixed, but experienced the usual problem again after pasting some text from a terminal window. I was trying to change about 5 selected lines to Courier New, but it only kept changing the first line, so I had to select and change the font of each line separately. I have updated the table at the end of my initial post showing the results in Jive 7 accordingly.

• 70. Re: List of forum editor issues and bugs
                            Brian Tkatch

The red buttons:

• The red is out of place with the light grey scheme.
                            • The strong red color is not balanced with a strong color on the other side.
                            • The ADD REPLY Button in red distracts my eyes when typing into this box.
                            • In comparison, the grey CANCEL button look disabled.
                            • Even if the inbox must be red to show messages, at least make it grey when it is 0.

And here's an inconsistency: Copy, Cut, and Paste have DOS and Windows shortcuts. The Windows shortcuts all work: ctrl-c (copy), ctrl-x (cut) , ctrl-v (paste).

The DOS shortcuts copy-insert (copy), shift-insert (paste) work fine. shift-delete (cut) deletes the text but does not copy it. This has confounded me a few times already. But i finally figured out what was going wrong. I do these things with hardly a thought, so it catches me by surprise when it does not work.

Hmm... Just noticed another inconsistency when fixing a typo, the SAVE REPLY is in a different location than ADD REPLY. The latter is directly under the reply box. The former is under the "Replying To" box, and that, for me, is off screen.

Untitled.png

• 71. Re: List of forum editor issues and bugs
                              Brian Tkatch

Untitled.png

The two different editor bars are inconsistent.

The icons for "Insert Picture" and "Insert Video" and very similar, at least to me, when i think of them as actions. So, i am remembering which comes first to help. However, in the first bar, "Insert Picture" comes before "Insert Video". In the second, "Insert Picture" is on bottom of "Insert Video."

This is done more consistently by "Insert Link" and "Emoticons", which puts the latter on the bottom, retaining the same order.

But shouldn't the top row remain the same and have the second row be what is added? Why is the "Insert Table" button usurping the space for Emoticons? Why did Font push Bold and crew down to the second row?

Although small things, they add convenience through familiarity; we don't have to think about them. Changing the order requires us to think about them each time.

• 72. Re: List of forum editor issues and bugs
                                Dude!

Thanks for the additional info and adding your findings to this thread. I'm going to update the list of issues asap, but I'm working on another piece of documentation right now.

• 73. Re: List of forum editor issues and bugs
                                  moniquevdb-Oracle

Hi Dude,

I was unable to reproduce issue #6 to open a case for this. Can you help with some steps to reproduce the new types of errors you're seeing and confirm this is still an issue?

Thanks,

Monique

• 74. Re: Re: List of forum editor issues and bugs
                                    Dude!

Hi Monique, please see below.

Type the following lines:

code line 1

code line 2

code line 3

code line 4

code line 5

Switch to Advanced Editor, mark the "code lines" with the mouse and select "Syntax Highlighting:Plain" from the >> menu.

code line 1
                                    code line 2
                                    code line 3
                                    code line 4
                                    code line 5

Select the code in order to copy and paste it within the Jive editor. It might look as following in a Mozilla based browser like Firefox:

Screen shot 2014-08-16 at 1.35.51 PM.jpg

Paste the code into editor window. You may not see anything, but text can be selected as the following picture shows:

Screen shot 2014-08-16 at 1.39.57 PM.jpg

The result is different in Safari. It allows mark the code, including the frame

Screen Shot 2014-08-16 at 1.56.24 PM.jpg

... and copy and paste copies the text it contains:

code line 1

code line 2

code line 3

code line 4

code line 5

I hope this helps, now since we can add pictures to postings it's much easier to explain things. I have not noticed any erratic behavior of the editor this time and the above behavior at least seems persistent.

1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next