4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 11, 2014 3:31 PM by Mohammed Altayeb RSS

Execution plan Creation

Dear All,

I have to implement the OBIA 7964 for the following modules.Financial Analytics,Human Resource Analytics, Project Analytics, Supply Chain and Order Management Analytics. Here we are planing to implement the Financial and SCM analytics in first phase others in second phase. My question is whether we have to create the separate execution plan for each modules or can we implement it in single execution plan? Please clarify.

Thanks

Gauthaman

• 1. Re: Execution plan Creation
          KKT

Its always advisable to create the seprate execution plan as per different analytics as later you can do trace back that will be easier.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,

~KKT~

• 2. Re: Execution plan Creation

Dear KKT,

Thanks for the reply. But some subject areas shared with multiple analytics, by example general ledger subject area is necessary for all analytics. If I create the execution plans for each analytics  separately loading will happen in correct manner. Need more clarification on this.

Thanks

Gauthaman

• 3. Re: Execution plan Creation
              KKT

Hi Goutham,

Depending upon the requirement its advisable , if you have source like JDEdwards, peoplesoft , ERP then you have to go for seperate execution plan, but if you have single source like ERP and Oracle them yes single execution plans will be good.

But again single execution plan will put load on rpd as you have so many analytics, so better to go for Seperate execution plans.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

~KKT~

• 4. Re: Execution plan Creation
                Mohammed Altayeb

Hi,

I would recommend one execution plan for all modules to save your time and for more data consistency. If you create a separate execution plan for each module, some data will be loaded into the same tables with each execution plan and the data might change at the time of run for each execution plan.

This is my idea.

Thanks,