Could somebody please help me on this requirement. It is critical.
Appreciate your response,
Please create value set with Type: Table and make it dependent.
It can be just a woraround, i'm not sure about it. But you can try it with your technical developer.
Thank you for your reply Kathan.
I could have attached but the parameters file path and fie name are such that they can be any value entered by user, not bound to any list of pre-defined values.
He may save his data file anywhere (file path) and may give any name to it (file name). That's why I am not able to use VS.
I answered a similar question before, here is how you would have to modify it for your case.
1. Add a dummy parameter
Sequence: After first parameter, before freeform ones)
Value Set: AR_SRS_NULL -- Any none validated one works, using this just because I had to pick one
Display: N -- Set it to Y initially for you to test, then you can hide it
Default Type: SQL Statement
SELECT 'Y' FROM DUAL WHERE :$FLEX$.INDEPENDENT_VSET_NAME IN( 'IMPORT_VALIDATE', 'IMPORT_VALIDATE_INSERT' )
INDEPENDENT_VSET_NAMEmust be the name of the value set associated to the first parameter
2. Define a value set of type special for parameters 2 and 3 (or one for each if validation is different, e.g. the maximum length)
Name: XXBOL_MY_VSET -- whatever name suits the standards you use
Format Validation: As required
Validation Type: Special
Click on "Edit Information"
Select "Validate" from the LOV and specify the following on the textarea field:
FND PLSQL "BEGIN IF ':$FLEX$.AR_SRS_NULL' = 'Y' THEN NULL; END IF; END;"
3. Modify your second and third parameters to use this newly defined value set(s).
4. Behavior to observe on opening parameters for your program:
- Dummy parameter enabled, null value
- Parameters 2 & 3 disabled by default
- Choose the value INSERT on parameter 1
- Dummy parameter remains blank, parameters 2 and 3 remain disabled
- Choose either IMPORT_VALIDATE or IMPORT_VALIDATE_INSERT on parameter 1
- Dummy parameter value should change to Y
- Parameters 2 and 3 should be enabled