2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 10, 2014 2:50 PM by Saroja K RSS

Question on Breadcrumb in Apex 4.2.2

Saroja K

In Apex 4.2.2,  I have a page which can be navigated via 2 different navigation paths.

I created one breadcrumb with the first navigation path successfully.

However, when creating the breadcrumb for the other navigation path, I am getting the following error

This Menu Identification Page already has an associated Menu Option. You must

select another page.

How can I create breadcrumbs to the same page for 2 different navigation paths.  Please give me examples if possible.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Question on Breadcrumb in Apex 4.2.2
          fac586

Saroja K wrote:

In Apex 4.2.2,  I have a page which can be navigated via 2 different navigation paths.

I created one breadcrumb with the first navigation path successfully.

However, when creating the breadcrumb for the other navigation path, I am getting the following error

This Menu Identification Page already has an associated Menu Option. You must

select another page.

How can I create breadcrumbs to the same page for 2 different navigation paths.

Using standard breadcrumbs you have to create a separate breadcrumb list for each path to the target page, and a separate breadcrumb region (at the same display point) for each breadcrumb. The regions are then displayed conditionally depending on the path taken.

This works, but it is rather tedious to set up, and is a pain to maintain, so if you're going to be doing a lot of this, I suggest you do some research to see if any suitable plug-ins are available, and look at previous discussions on this topic, like: breadcrumbs

• 2. Re: Question on Breadcrumb in Apex 4.2.2
            Saroja K

I reviewed the related posts on this topic and tried this approach of conditionally displaying the breadcrumbs.  It works fine.   Thanks for your help.