1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 10, 2014 4:45 PM by rp0428 RSS

Oracle Big Data Lite 12C

8f7ee883-341f-481a-81c2-211280bd9404

Hello.

I'm new to Oracle therefore not really sure if this post should be in these ""eneral Questions" but here it goes.

I've recently installed a virtual machine with a preconfigured 12c xe database.

I created a database through the dbca tool and managed to create tables and import data. The task now is to create a view user for a web application and here where I've hit a wall.

After reading tons of posts, mail threads and all sorts of '"how to's"' this one looks the most promissing http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E16655_01/server.121/e17633/cdblogic.htm#CIHECHAA

I get the idea that I need a common user in a common database space (in root) that starts with a c##.

Here is what I get when I want to connect there :

sqlplus / as sysdba

SQL*Plus: Release 12.1.0.1.0 Production on Tue Jun 10 15:37:09 2014

Copyright (c) 1982, 2013, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

ERROR:

ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

I've managed to connect to the database that I've created and want to connect from it to the root

SQL> grant select any table to c##view;

grant select any table to c##view

ERROR at line 1:

ORA-47410: Realm violation for GRANT on SELECT ANY TABLE

Tried the same steps from the tutorial linked above on the connection to my database but ran into this which indicates that this should be done on the @root part

grant select any table to c##xyz;

grant select any table to c##xyz

ERROR at line 1:

ORA-47410: Realm violation for GRANT on SELECT ANY TABLE

I've also tried to manually grant select for the user to 1 table in the database but it cannot see it.

Should I somehow enable this identifier and create the user in @root?

Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: Oracle Big Data Lite 12C
          rp0428

Wrong forum!

This question should be posted in the Multitenant forum

https://community.oracle.com/community/developer/english/oracle_database/multitenant

I've recently installed a virtual machine with a preconfigured 12c xe database.

That link installs an enterprise version of the database, NOT an xe version.

I created a database through the dbca tool and managed to create tables and import data.

Why? You just said you already have a database preconfigured based on that template so why are you creating another one?

Why aren't you just creating a PDB in that existing database?

I get the idea that I need a common user in a common database space (in root) that starts with a c##.

No - you only do that if you NEED a common user. You don't necessarily need ANY common users other than those created by Oracle.

I suggest you read, or reread, both chapters 17 and 18 of that concepts doc you linked to. Those chapters discuss common and local users and how to create them.

Here is what I get when I want to connect there :

sqlplus / as sysdba

SQL*Plus: Release 12.1.0.1.0 Production on Tue Jun 10 15:37:09 2014

Copyright (c) 1982, 2013, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

ERROR:

ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

You 'get that' when you try to connect WHERE? To the CDB? To one of the PDBs? What are you trying to connect to?

What instance is running on the machine? What PDBs exist on the machine? Have you created a LOGON trigger to OPEN those PDBs when you start the database? Otherwise the PDBs will NOT be open.