5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 11, 2014 9:58 AM by NancyWang RSS

How to install the sample site Burlington Financial

NancyWang

Hi, experts, I am a newbie here! Could you please advise me how to install the Burlington Financial sample sites on WebCenter Sites  11.1.1.8.0? Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: How to install the sample site Burlington Financial
          Pedro Gutierrez

Hello,

In the installation pack you only have the folowing sample sites available:

Avisports

FirstSite

The Burlington Financial sample site is not available in 11.1.1.8 installation pack (or JSK).

(exporting the site from an installation that has it can be a long process as it may involve an upgrade to obtain a deliverable to export to your webcenter sites installation)

Best regards,

Pedro

• 2. Re: How to install the sample site Burlington Financial
            NancyWang

Thanks Pedro!

I found the sample sites Avisports and FirstSite. When i went through the documentation for the developer, there are sample sites Burlington Financial, also GE light, so that's why i want to install them. As  you mentioned, it's not available in 11.1.1.8, what about earlier versions? Thanks again!

• 3. Re: How to install the sample site Burlington Financial
              Pedro Gutierrez

Hi,

You're welcome

As far as I know those sites are not available in Webcenter Sites 11.1.1.6 either. Same situation. That part of the documentations has been inherited from Fatwire, I believe. I don´t know for sure if Fatwire's last version (7.6.2) has those sample sites. I know the JSK for that version doesn't, though.

Best regards,

Pedro

• 4. Re: How to install the sample site Burlington Financial
                Stephan Da Silva-Oracle

Hi,

You can actually still install the old sample sites by editing the csInstall.bat or main.sh file and add samplesites.xml to the command line that starts the installer. E.g. for csInstall.bat, it would become:

"%JAVA_BIN%" -Xms128m -Xmx256m -Dorg.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase=ERROR -classpath %CORELIBS%;%SUNLIBS% COM.FutureTense.Apps.CSSetup -files cscore.xml,csui.xml,languagepackInstall.xml,avisports.xml,fs2.xml,samplesites.xml,wemInstall.xml,ucmIntegration.xml %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

But these sites are very old and are not guaranteed to work. They may also cause some problems with the install. For instance, when I tried this, several SystemLocaleString records didn't get imported, though I didn't look further into this. It could be due to something else I did to the installer. I would strongly advice not to use this on an install that will be used for anything other than trying out these sample sites.

Kind regards,

Stephan.

• 5. Re: How to install the sample site Burlington Financial
                  NancyWang

Thanks, Stephan! I will try your scripts if necessary.