4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 12, 2014 2:52 AM by user10646442 RSS

EPMA Server Service is not starting after upgrade from 11.1.2.2 to 11.1.2.3

user10646442

Hi All,

I have successfully upgraded and configured the EPM Products however when I start the EPMA Server Service its not staring the giving error as "  The Oracle Hyperion EPMA Server Service on Local computer started and then stopped. Some Services Stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs"

When I looked into the EPMA Logs (DimensionServer.log)

[2014-06-11T05:13:24.222-04:00] [EPMADIM] [NOTIFICATION:32] [EPMADIM-1] [EPMADIM.Hyperion.DimensionServer.Utility.ChannelUtility]

[tid: EPMA Server Startup] [ecid: disabled,0] Listening using IPv4[2014-06-11T05:14:57.359-04:00] [EPMADIM] [INTERNAL_ERROR:32]

[EPMADIM-1] [EPMADIM.Hyperion.CommonServices.Exceptions.BaseException] [tid: EPMA DimensionServer Startup] [ecid: disabled,0]

SVR_ERR_SESSION_MGR_DATABASE_UNAVAILABLE:Session Manager could not start because database connectivity could not be established.    at

Hyperion.DimensionServer.SessionManager.SessionManager.InitializeSqlConnectionString()

at Hyperion.DimensionServer.SessionManager.SessionManager.Initialize(Boolean restorePastInstanceSessions, Boolean enableCaching)

[2014-06-11T05:14:57.406-04:00] [EPMADIM] [INTERNAL_ERROR:32] [EPMADIM-1] [EPMADIM.Hyperion.CommonServices.Exceptions.BaseException]

[tid: EPMA DimensionServer Startup] [ecid: disabled,0] SVR_ERR_SESSION_MGR_DATABASE_UNAVAILABLE:Session Manager could not start

because database connectivity could not be established.    at Hyperion.DimensionServer.SessionManager.SessionManager.Initialize

(Boolean restorePastInstanceSessions, Boolean enableCaching)

at Hyperion.DimensionServer.Process.Program.InitializeSessionManager()

at Hyperion.DimensionServer.Process.Program.StartDimensionServer()

at Hyperion.DimensionServer.Process.Program.Main(String[] args)[2014-06-11T05:14:57.734-04:00] [EPMADIM] [INTERNAL_ERROR:32]

[EPMADIM-1] [EPMADIM.Hyperion.CommonServices.Exceptions.BaseException] [tid: EPMA Server Startup] [ecid: disabled,0]

SVR_ERR_PROCESS_DID_NOT_START:Process 'C:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\products\Foundation\BPMA\AppServer\DimensionServer

\ServerEngine\bin\EPMA_ServerEngine.exe' could not be started.

I Also looked into the EventLog.

[EPMA DimensionServer Startup] ERROR SVR_ERR_SESSION_MGR_DATABASE_UNAVAILABLE:Session Manager could not start because database

connectivity could not be established.Hyperion.CommonServices.Exceptions.SessionManagerException: Session Manager could not start

because database connectivity could not be established. ---> Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException: ORA-12545: Connect failed

because target host or object does not exist

at Hyperion.DimensionServer.SessionManager.SessionManager.InitializeSqlConnectionString()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Hyperion.DimensionServer.SessionManager.SessionManager.Initialize(Boolean restorePastInstanceSessions, Boolean enableCaching)

at Hyperion.DimensionServer.Process.Program.InitializeSessionManager()

at Hyperion.DimensionServer.Process.Program.StartDimensionServer()

at Hyperion.DimensionServer.Process.Program.Main(String[] args)

What i observed is that when i upgraded from 11.1.2.2 to 11.1.2.3, it automatically installs two Oracle Clients (32 and 64 bits) on

the server. But the server already has Oracle client installed on it.

I looked into the PATH Variables.

PATH=C:\app\product\11.2.0\client_2\bin;C:\app\product\11.2.0\client_1\bin;

It Also added Check the environment variable TNS_ADMIN in the Environment Variable pointing to

TNS_ADMIN=C:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\config\dbclient

and i have changed it to

TNS_ADMIN=C:\app\product\11.2.0\client_2\network\admin;C:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\config\dbclient

and  i am also  able to ping and also connect to the database however i when start the EPMA Server Service,

i am still getting the same above error.

Can anyone kindly help me