6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 23, 2014 12:11 PM by Andreas Weiden RSS

lov

salute-Salem

hi ,

i have a list of value , the normal issue is , if i changed the property "validate from list" to "yes" ,  it should appears when i enter wrong value ,

but what happens is , even when i enter a correct value , it appears when i try to go out from the item ??

i do not want it to appear if i write a correct value , just when i enter a wrong value i want it to appear ?

thanks

• 1. Re: lov
          sfr.farhan

is you value at first column in the lov list, which is match form the list of values.

• 2. Re: lov
            salute-Salem

what is this

"is you value" ?

"is match form" ?

i did not understand you .

• 3. Re: lov
              sfr.farhan

let say you have a field empno and you have assign lov to this field with Validate from list = Yes.

Now LOV should have first column empno, ename or sal etc

then it will solve your problem and don't open the Lov for a valid list of values

• 4. Re: lov
                salute-Salem

I have a field and assigned a lov to it with "validate from list" = yes ,

the lov has a column for the field , and about 4 columns ,

each column returns it's value in an item , except one does not have a return item .

what is wrong with this ?

• 5. Re: lov
                  sfr.farhan

Ora-01400 wrote:

even when i enter a correct value , it appears when i try to go out from the item ??

i do not want it to appear if i write a correct value

Value you enter in a field is match with which column of the lov 1, 2, 3 or 4th one?

in order to avoid this problem, value you enter in a field should match with 1st column in LOV.

As I mention in my last post

user enter empno in a field and empno is the first column in lov, therefore, in case of valid value LOV not appear. If empno is after the first column in lov list then even enter valid empno, lov would appear.

• 6. Re: lov
                    Andreas Weiden

The "validate from list"-property causes a validation of the entered item-value against the values of the first column shown in the lov. If there is no match the LoV is shown. If there is more than one match, the LoV is also shown.