9 Replies Latest reply: Jun 24, 2014 5:10 AM by rohanwalia RSS

DataSource NameNotFoundException when using a custom ADF application in spaces

Hi All,

I am using Webcenter Spaces 11.1.1.6.0

I have an ADF application which contains a bounded taskflow with jsff.

I have created a jar of View Controller and added the same in another generic application and deployed it on Spaces as shared library.

I have made an entry of this shared library in weblogic.xml of extension project of spaces.

Now I can see the taskflow and ui is coming up. But I am getting exceptions like:

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: DataSourceContext could not locate a DataSource for the name

Now in bc4j.xfg I changed the data source name from java:comp/env/jdbc/testDS to jdbc/testDS. And this issue is resolved and the page is working fine.

But in that page we have an image getting displayed from a servlet. Still I am getting the same NameNotFoundException for that servlet.

Servlet Code:

--------------------

Context ctx = new InitialContext();

DataSource ds = (DataSource)ctx.lookup("java:comp/env/jdbc/testDS");

I also have tried with DataSource ds = (DataSource)ctx.lookup("jdbc/testDS");

But still same issue.

Please suggest if I am missing something.

Do i need to have an entry(<res-ref-name>) in weblogic.xml or web.xml somewhere for datasource? In extension project or in ADF application or in Shared Library Generic Project?

Regards,

Deepak