11 Replies Latest reply: Jul 16, 2014 3:09 PM by Ashutosh(297484) RSS

Running a report from a form

salute-Salem

hi all ,

i have an item holds this variable :

V_WHERE :='AND CLINICAL_ENTITY_NO =NVL('''||:CONTROL.OPERATING_ROOM_ID||''',CLINICAL_ENTITY_NO) ';

i use the item as a lexical parameter , i pass it's value to the report to run it with .

when i run the report i face this error

ora-01756: quoted string not properly terminated ............. where status in ('1') and

clinical_entity_no = nvl ( ',clinical_entity_no)

when i press ok i return to see the item which holds the condition , and i see it as this

AND CLINICAL_ENTITY_NO =NVL( ' ',CLINICAL_ENTITY_NO)

which means that the condition is correct .

how is it correct in the form , and i pass it as it is , but report builder reads it wrong ?

thanks

• 1. Re: Running a report from a form
          HamidHelal

Try

DECLARE another vaiable like

QT        varchar2(10) :='''';

use QT like

V_WHERE :='AND CLINICAL_ENTITY_NO =NVL('||QT||:CONTROL.OPERATING_ROOM_ID||QT||',CLINICAL_ENTITY_NO)';

What is the output ?

Note : be sure :CONTROL.OPERATING_ROOM_ID value is passing correctly by using

Message(:CONTROL.OPERATING_ROOM_ID);

Message(:CONTROL.OPERATING_ROOM_ID);

Hope this helps

Hamid

• 2. Re: Running a report from a form
            salute-Salem

Note : be sure :CONTROL.OPERATING_ROOM_ID value is passing correctly by using

i am sure , it is null , i am sure because i see the item i assigned the values to after i press ok to the error .

this is the value in the item

AND CLINICAL_ENTITY_NO =NVL(' ',CLINICAL_ENTITY_NO) AND PATIENT_FILE_NO =NVL(' ',PATIENT_FILE_NO) AND TRUNC(ARRIVAL_TIME) BETWEEN '02-JUL-14' AND '02-JUL-14'

and this is the "v_where" variable

V_WHERE :='AND CLINICAL_ENTITY_NO =NVL('''||:CONTROL.OPERATING_ROOM_ID||''',CLINICAL_ENTITY_NO) ';

V_WHERE :=V_WHERE || 'AND PATIENT_FILE_NO =NVL('''||:CONTROL.PATIENT_FILE_NO||''',PATIENT_FILE_NO) ';

V_WHERE :=V_WHERE || 'AND TRUNC(ARRIVAL_TIME) BETWEEN '''||:CONTROL.DATE_FROM||''' AND '''||:CONTROL.DATE_TO||''''; 

IF :CONTROL.SURGEON  IS NOT NULL THEN

V_WHERE :=V_WHERE ||'AND OPERATION_NO IN ( SELECT OPERATION_NO 

FROM OR_OPERATION_DATA_SURGEONS

WHERE MAIN_SURGEON =''Y''

AND SURGEON='''||:CONTROL.SURGEON||''')';

END IF ;

IF :PARAMETER.BTN_CHOOSE !='A' THEN

V_WHERE :=V_WHERE ||'AND STATUS ='''||:PARAMETER.BTN_CHOOSE||'''';

END IF ;  

:PARAM.AND_CLAUSE := V_WHERE ;

what is wrong with this ,

the value is correct in the item which i pass to the report , and the report reads it wrong ? ?

• 3. Re: Running a report from a form
              HamidHelal

V_WHERE :=V_WHERE || 'AND PATIENT_FILE_NO =NVL('''||:CONTROL.PATIENT_FILE_NO||''',PATIENT_FILE_NO) ';

V_WHERE :=V_WHERE || 'AND TRUNC(ARRIVAL_TIME) BETWEEN '''||:CONTROL.DATE_FROM||''' AND '''||:CONTROL.DATE_TO||'''';  

V_WHERE :=V_WHERE ||'AND OPERATION_NO IN ( SELECT OPERATION_NO  

END IF ;

V_WHERE :=V_WHERE ||'AND STATUS ='''||:PARAMETER.BTN_CHOOSE||'''';

END IF ;   

Replace with

V_WHERE :=' AND CLINICAL_ENTITY_NO =NVL('''||:CONTROL.OPERATING_ROOM_ID||''',CLINICAL_ENTITY_NO) ';

V_WHERE :=V_WHERE || ' AND PATIENT_FILE_NO =NVL('''||:CONTROL.PATIENT_FILE_NO||''',PATIENT_FILE_NO) ';

V_WHERE :=V_WHERE || ' AND TRUNC(ARRIVAL_TIME) BETWEEN '''||:CONTROL.DATE_FROM||''' AND '''||:CONTROL.DATE_TO||'''';

V_WHERE :=V_WHERE ||' AND OPERATION_NO IN ( SELECT OPERATION_NO

END IF ;

V_WHERE :=V_WHERE ||' AND STATUS ='''||:PARAMETER.BTN_CHOOSE||'''';

END IF ; 

Hope it will works :)

• 4. Re: Running a report from a form
                salute-Salem

What did you change , it is the same code , same error

• 5. Re: Running a report from a form
                  HamidHelal

Ora-01400 wrote:

What did you change , it is the same code , same error

Not the same code, I add SPACE before every 'AND... Like '  AND

Space before 'AND an issue most of the case.

Check your self.

And try to use direct code first and test .

Hope this helps..

• 6. Re: Running a report from a form
                    Ashutosh(297484)

Hi Hamid,

Is this resolved ?

• 7. Re: Running a report from a form
                      salute-Salem

No it's not ?

• 8. Re: Running a report from a form
                        Andreas Weiden

I would go another approach, which (in my eyes) keeps things together which belong together. The report knows it own querysource, so it should be up to the  report to build the WHERE. I would just pass all relevant values from forms to the report and then buildup the WHERE-condition in the report itself.

• 9. Re: Running a report from a form
                          salute-Salem

do you mean , forget the lexical parameter , and create bind parameters , and pass each value to them ?

• 10. Re: Running a report from a form
                            salute-Salem

there is another solution , i found ,

i can say :

if :OPERATING_ROOM_ID is not null

then

v_where := 'AND CLINICAL_ENTITY_NO = '''||:CONTROL.OPERATING_ROOM_ID||'''' ;

• 11. Re: Running a report from a form
                              Ashutosh(297484)

be aware to make sure the data types match when passing the values. you may to have the parameter as char and do some sort of conversion on the receiving side before binding it to a sql query.