9 Replies Latest reply: Jul 8, 2014 11:34 AM by Andreas Weiden RSS

Report from a form "Rep:0613 value does not match mask 'DD-MM-RRRR'

salute-Salem

HI ,

i am trying to run a report from a form , when i run the report i face the above error

"Rep:0613 value does not match mask 'DD-MM-RRRR'

ora-01858 : a non numeric character was found when a numeric was expected .

-, when i press ok ,

it displays another error

Rep:0091 : invalid value for parameter 'P_date_to'

the field i send it's value from the form is of type "Date" , it's format mask is "DD-MM-RRRR" ,

- the parameter receives the data is of the same type and format mask ,

and the field in the report gets it's value from the parameter .

BTW : there is a strange thing happens , when i made the paramform appears when i run the report from the form ,

i saw the date passed to the "date from" parameter like this '07-JUL-14' , and this is not the format mask of the firld in the form ,

or the format mask of the parameter and field in the report . how come ?

thank you

• 1. Re: Report from a form "Rep:0613 value does not match mask 'DD-MM-RRRR'
          Andreas Weiden

ORacle doesn't take your formatk-mask to convert the date to char. It uses and internal one (DD-MM-RRRR by default). So, when you wnat to pass a dtae to a report, don't pass the date-value, but pass a TO_CHAR(date-value, 'DD-MM-RRRR)

• 2. Re: Report from a form "Rep:0613 value does not match mask 'DD-MM-RRRR'
            salute-Salem

ORacle doesn't take your formatk-mask to convert the date to char.

Do you mean "oracle forms" ? , and why to convert it to char ? the parameter iin the report is "Date" not "Char" , then why to convert it ?

It uses and internal one (DD-MM-RRRR by default)

as a "Date" or "Char" ?

So, when you wnat to pass a dtae to a report, don't pass the date-value, but pass a TO_CHAR(date-value, 'DD-MM-RRRR)

and the parameter in the report , should i leave it as "Date" or change it to "Char" ?

• 3. Re: Report from a form "Rep:0613 value does not match mask 'DD-MM-RRRR'
              Andreas Weiden

a date is a date, it does not have a format-mask. Format-masks are only used to transform a date to a char of vice versa. As you get the error with the invalid fomat mask, it seems that the value is not passed as a date, but as a string, but with the wrong formatmask. so try to pass the value as a string with the correct formatmask.

• 4. Re: Report from a form "Rep:0613 value does not match mask 'DD-MM-RRRR'
                salute-Salem

i understand nothing ,

i passed the field like this

add_parameter(..........., to_char(:field,'DD-MM-RRRR'))  , and the parameter in the report is date with "Input Mask" 'DD-MM-RRRR' ,

and it worked , but i do not understand how  ?

1- how to send a string , and recieve it as a date  ?

2-

a date is a date, it does not have a format-mask

how is that , you say that i use the format mask to convert a string to a date with a specific mask , then how it does not have a mask ?

3- As you get the error with the invalid fomat mask, it seems that the value is not passed as a date, but as a string, but with the wrong formatmask.

how could this happen , when the field in the form is "Date" ? how to be passed as a string ? and how with the wrong mask , if the field in the form and parameter in

the report is wtih the same mask ?

4- please answer my previous questions .

BTW : Last thing to tell , this only happens when i run the report in "Arabic" language , not wtih "English" .

thank you

• 5. Re: Report from a form "Rep:0613 value does not match mask 'DD-MM-RRRR'
                  Andreas Weiden

1- how to send a string , and recieve it as a date  ?

obviously the forms does a TO_CHAR when passing the value to reports and reports does a TO_DATE when taking over the value

2-

a date is a date, it does not have a format-mask

how is that , you say that i use the format mask to convert a string to a date with a specific mask , then how it does not have a mask ?

Maybe you should brush up your knowledge about dates. Date is a datatype and does not have a "visual reprensatation", in fact it is stored as a number internally. Eveytime you want to show a date, it has to be converted to a string uisng TO_CHAR. And even if you don't do a TO_CHAR on your own and just select a date usign sqlplus, an implicit TO_CHAR is done. And for this TO_CHAR you need a formatmask (either by passing it explicitly, or the db will use a defaul). The same happens the other way from a string to a date.

3- As you get the error with the invalid fomat mask, it seems that the value is not passed as a date, but as a string, but with the wrong formatmask.

how could this happen , when the field in the form is "Date" ? how to be passed as a string ? and how with the wrong mask , if the field in the form and parameter in

the report is wtih the same mask ?

see 1

• 6. Re: Report from a form "Rep:0613 value does not match mask 'DD-MM-RRRR'
                    HamidHelal

First of all, you are not give proper information always..

Welcome to the Oracle Forums. Please take a few minutes to review the following:

Oracle Forums FAQ

Before posting on this forum please read

10 Commandments for the OTN Forums Member

How to ask questions the smart way

Following these simple guidelines will ensure you have a positive experience in any forum; not just this one!

Here is an example of forms & Reports 10.1.2.3

From Forms

DECLARE

QT VARCHAR2(10) :='''';

BEGIN 

-------- 

' END_DATE='||QT||:TXT_EDATE||QT|| --- Where :TXT_EDATE is DATE Data Type and format mask is DD/MM/RRRR

At Reports

Parameter also DATE Data Type and format mask is DD/MM/RRRR

Message was edited by: HamidHelal ...Formatting sucks in new jive soft.

• 7. Re: Report from a form "Rep:0613 value does not match mask 'DD-MM-RRRR'
                      salute-Salem

obviously the forms does a TO_CHAR when passing the value to reports and reports does a TO_DATE when taking over the value

Is it guessing , or oracle really do so ?

-- i repeat , i only face the error when run in arabic language not with english .

is there a format mask in the regedit for arabic , and another one for english ?

• 8. Re: Report from a form "Rep:0613 value does not match mask 'DD-MM-RRRR'
                        HamidHelal

so far i know, Arabic and English has different format of language.

Use same custom format avoiding this issue.

Hamid

• 9. Re: Report from a form "Rep:0613 value does not match mask 'DD-MM-RRRR'
                          Andreas Weiden

Is it guessing , or oracle really do so ?

I don't work for oracle and i never did, so i don't know for sure. But from the symptoms you told us and from the way the workaround works, it's the only reasonable conclusion. And the fact that it only happens with arabic settings show that Forms uses a different format mask on the forms side, but not on the report-side.